The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Talk (https://cb4x4.com/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? (/thread-2701.html)

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - scbronco - 03-03-2014

I do have IAC, I would hesitate to mess with my throttle plates... mine has an idle set screw just like a carb. the issue I run into is that the tiniest adjustment on the idle set screw can cause a significant jump in RPM...

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - snipes243 - 03-03-2014

I was the same way, took me a few times to get it right but was worth it. I went from idling at 1100 to 850. There probally is a step by step how to somewhere on how to do it.

what do you mean you adjusted your throttle plates?

scbronco Wrote:what do you mean you adjusted your throttle plates?
In my system I actually changing the position of the throttle plates or the "butterfly valves" to allow more or less air in. After reading it appears your system is a tad bit different to adjust, it actually looks easier. According to the E-street manual on page 19 under "Is the idle hunt or surging".

Is the idle speed screw on the throttle body properly set?
-
Refer to Page 13, Step 12 of this instruction sheet or
the idle Tuning/Cal TPS section in Advanced Tuning on
the tablet to properly adjust the idle speed screw

yeah... ive done that twice... for whatever reason, when you get the idle close to 800, it starts getting real touchy... vacuum leak touchy... but there are no vacuum leaks... when I get to 800 it suddenly jumps to 1100 and to get it back down you have to almost completely unscrew and then it drops to 500 or less... I think I am going to set it next time with the dizzy vac line unhooked and plugged...

scbronco Wrote:yeah... ive done that twice... for whatever reason, when you get the idle close to 800, it starts getting real touchy... vacuum leak touchy... but there are no vacuum leaks... when I get to 800 it suddenly jumps to 1100 and to get it back down you have to almost completely unscrew and then it drops to 500 or less... I think I am going to set it next time with the dizzy vac line unhooked and plugged...

Might have to try calling the help line for edlebrock. When I had trouble I always do a data log, and sent it to the company for there advice on what do.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - scbronco - 03-04-2014

yep... gonna mess with it tonight. weather got too bad here last night to stand being outside...

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - scbronco - 03-05-2014

so I tuned the idle tonight and everything is working really well. nice consistent idle at 850, 13.54 AFR. my only concern is that now the AFR correction is really high at idle. after some research, the tuning/troubleshooting guide points to the only unknown in my engine; the cam. I did my baseline tune based on the assumption of a mild cam (duration of 210-230 at .050 lift). this was a guess as the cam was in the motor when I got it form NCSUBRONC here on the board, and sounds very lopey. i'm thinking now this cam is pretty hot (230 plus). my vacuum at idle is low ~9-10 inches, my AFR set point and AFR actual won't line up, and the correction is over 25%. the troubleshooting guide says this can be caused by 3 things, low fuel pressure, engine not at operating temp, or improper camshaft selection. since i know the other two are good, I assume my camshaft selection was wrong. gonna call edelbrock tomorrow to see how to change the cam profile in the tuner (guide says to do it in the initial setup procedures, but says reloading initial setup is not necessary in another portion... ? anyway, that's what I did to the bronco today :/

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - broncosbybart - 03-05-2014

9-10 lbs of vacuum is not much. A stock motor should have around 17. If the engine isn't worn out and there are no vac leaks, I'd go ahead and replace the cam like you were thinking.

That is just me though. I don't like big cams for the most part.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - snipes243 - 03-05-2014

Is your idle A/F still searching (mean is it still moving around). Normally if your ADL cell is over 25% you need to give it more fuel. Is there any way you could post a pic of your ADL (correction table) and your A/F table?