The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Talk (https://cb4x4.com/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? (/thread-2701.html)

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - scbronco - 03-05-2014

I would liek to eventually replace the cam, but it isnt in the cards right now, especially this close to the meet and greet. I can tune the system for the large cam that i have, i just need to confirm with edelbrock on the how. pretty sure i have it down, just wanna be sure.

Mine doesnt show a correction "table" jsut a percent correction total. Edelbrock says anything over 25% means somehting isnt ideal. the afr correction will not display anything above 25%. Mine is steady at 25%. i assume it is correcting in excess of that, the guage just isnt telling me how much. additionally, there are three troubleshooting issues that apply to me:

ACTUAL AFR WON'T MEET AFR SETPOINT
• Does the fuel correction exceed 25% at idle when engine
is warm?
-- Verify that the correct camshaft profile and cubic inch
displacement were chosen during the Setup Wizard
procedure. Refer to Page 12, the Tablet Initial Setup
section of this instruction manual.
-- Verify Fuel Pressure.
-- Is coolant temp above 150F°, self learn not enabled belwo 150F°

And,

POOR VACUUM AT IDLE
• Is the ignition timing properly set?
-- Verify ignition timing with timing light. Refer to your
vehicle's service manual for proper ignition timing
setting.
• Does the fuel correction exceed 25% at idle when engine
is warm?
-- Verify that the correct camshaft profile and cubic inch
displacement was chosen during the Setup Wizard
section of this instruction manual.
• Verify there are no vacuum leaks present.

lastly,

FUEL CORRECTION OVER 25% AT IDLE
• Verify that the correct camshaft profile and cubic inch
displacement were chosen during the Setup Wizard
section of this instruction sheet.

Since the timing is good (confirmed yesterday), fuel presure is good, there are no vac leaks, and the engine is at 198 when tuning/monitoring, the only thing left, and the only common denominator is the camshaft selection. I chose "mild" in the initial set-up, i'm thinking i should have chosen "Race".

easy enough to fix tho as long as edelbrock confirms that i should reset the default values and install the initial set-up wizard again with the correct (race) camshaft profile.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - snipes243 - 03-05-2014

On a standard correction table 25% is maxed out. Meaning the system is giving the motor the max amount of fuel for that block. Basically it needs more gas for that rpm range. From my understanding you want your correction factor to be fairy low like 6 and under. Here is an early ADL table from mine, where the motor was getting enough fuel at idle.

It seems your system is much more depend on the cam profile, I would try the race cam. if that doesn't work try calling the manufacture.

Does your system have anything similar to the fuel wizard below, where you can give different rpm ranges more or less fuel.

Can you data log what the engine is doing while it runs.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - scbronco - 03-05-2014

Well... i'm not a huge fan of the fact that my camshaft is of the "race" variety, but... I am a fan of KNOWING it is.

Reloaded a base map with the "Race Cam" selected, and all my issues are solved. Idle is consistent at 900 and 13.66 AFR (a lil on the high side but I can adjust it later once it has had some time to learn), AFR correction is under 6% right off the bat, and the vacuum is up from 10 to 12 inches.

the re-map reset al the afr values to the rich side so its using some gas right now, but im gonna put at least 2 hours of drive time on it and reset them lean for economy. It's running so good right now, I actually had the fleeting notion to drive it to URE instead of trailering. I'm definitely gonna trailer just for the peace of mind, but it is running sweet right now.

Clay, i'm not sure if I can pull up data logs like that, probably can, but haven't looked into how.

Hopefully it continues to run well, and get better as the system learns. if I have any other issues I think it will be as simple as playing with AFR set points which can be done on the fly, literally... while driving. so glad I picked this system, despite the bugs it has been very user-friendly and easy to correct minor mistakes.

:mug: :drinkbud:

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - broncosbybart - 03-05-2014

Well, that is some good news. Hopefully it keeps getting better!

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - snipes243 - 03-05-2014

Good to hear

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - chuzie - 03-08-2014

Long day.

Sold my Pitbull radials for $1k.

Purchased Goodyear MT/Rs for $1.2k including off road warranty.

Spent the day torquing a million beadlock bolts. Have an appointment Wednesday to get the tires spin balanced since a traditional balancing machine can never get my stuff balanced.

Rebuilt Hi-Lift jack after it kicked my ass while using it to break the back beads on the old tires. NOTE: Do as Hi-Lift suggests and never use motor oil or grease to lubricate the jack. Dirt builds up and makes a useless mess of the jack. Mine has never worked right in 10 years until I rebuilt it today!

Picked up an ARB air down tool, new snatch block, and Hi-lift isolator while I was at 4WP.

Gonna pull exploder harmonic balancer today in hopes of isolating the squeaky belt problem and gonna try to redrill my new rear rotors too.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - scbronco - 03-11-2014

built a tailpipe for the exhaust. wife complained of fumes in the cabin, and i was tired of the slappity sound from the note bouncing off my tires. ran it over the axle, and then directly under frame rail until the shackle with a turn out, passneger side. fairly well protected, and sounds much better. no fumes in the cab, and the leaner idle setting has it smelling way less offensive.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - chuzie - 03-12-2014

Popping beads to add dynabeads... Redneck style.

[Image: 2ysumaha.jpg]

Sent from my GS3 on CyanogenMod with tapatalk2

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - scbronco - 03-12-2014

sweet skates...

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - snipes243 - 03-12-2014

wow simply wow