The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Talk (https://cb4x4.com/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? (/thread-2701.html)

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - firefighter2134 - 04-01-2011

got guages, cb, and heater reinstalled under the dash and one front fender flare reinstalled still have one more to to and a couple small things to touch on.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - SC74 - 04-04-2011

Took the 4G Exploder alternator out of the crawler so I can get it tested tomorrow and see why it's not putting any voltage out. Hopefully it's a simple regulator. $120 to rebuild it so I've got my fingers crossed.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - medwards01 - 04-05-2011

Got my taillights working Monday morning. One of the wires on the connector for my trailer lights shorted out and burned the splice open on the wiring harness....Those splices are way more than 15 years old because the trailer connector was on the Bronco when I bought it in 1996. I've been fortunate to not had problems before now from the looks of those shoddy splices. :rubeyes:

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - firefighter2134 - 04-06-2011

Well in the last 3 days I have disassembled a 79 bronco except interior.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - broncosbybart - 04-07-2011

SC74 Wrote:Took the 4G Exploder alternator out of the crawler so I can get it tested tomorrow and see why it's not putting any voltage out. Hopefully it's a simple regulator. $120 to rebuild it so I've got my fingers crossed.

Saw one at the local PAP yard. I think they are about $20. Had a rebuilt sticker on it. I didn't get it, but am thinking about going back today. If it is still there, I will grab it.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - blazinchuck - 04-07-2011

yesterday i ordered a rebuilt AC clutch assem. comes in fri, hope that will fix the hi pitch squealing when it gets past 2200rpms. i already changed out the tensioner-didnt fix it, and belt is new

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - SC74 - 04-07-2011

Charles - My alternator is good. Had it checked and it's a wiring issue instead of a alternator issue. Thanks for looking out for me though!

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - broncosbybart - 04-07-2011

gotcha. no problem then. i have not fired mine up yet, but i only have 2 wires hooked up. I cut the yellow/white wire and put it to the output terminal on the alt. I am wiring up the green wire to an ignition (or hot when ignition is on) terminal. Hopefully it will work like that. From what I have gathered, some have a 3rd wire (in the middle of the plug) that isn't used. My alt only had 2 wires on the plug. Let us know how it works out.

Back on topic- I am wiring a rat's nest right now. Lights, horn, electric fans, computer and relay harness mods (nothing too major) as well as getting all the gauges hooked up. Hope to get it fired in the next week.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - firefighter2134 - 04-09-2011

woot woot. put in new coil and figured out ballast resistor..running strong again.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - medwards01 - 04-09-2011

Talk about a big pain in the a$$. I removed the Bronco's L/R front brake hoses in anticipation of new ones arriving on Monday. I'm guessing from their condition they must have been the original equipment. Hard to believe that in a city as big as Wilmington, not a single parts store in town had them in stock. Finally ordered the premium hoses through Autozone which had the best price and delivery. I try to support our Bronco vendors as much as possible, but in today's economy I need to get the best value for my dollar$. The no cost shipping from Autozone was a huge advantage plus they guaranteed delivery by noon on Monday. None of the other parts stores nor any of the Bronco vendors could match them on cost or delivery....:deal: