The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Talk (https://cb4x4.com/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? (/thread-2701.html)

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - broncosbybart - 04-15-2014

Working on my wife's 73. Got a laundry list of stuff to do.

Removed the transfer case and trans. The seal between the 2 leaked a fair bit and the trans shifting pattern was backwards. It is a car trans. Case fed. The linkage was all screwed up and the shift arm is incorrect. I'm going to have to tear the trans all apart and replace some stuff, or source an EB trans. Not sure yet.

As well, the rear u-joint on the rear driveshaft was about to self destruct. Half of the needle bearings were gone and the other half were broken. Good thing I caught it now.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Timstrk - 04-17-2014

I have a Bronco C-4 in the garage. It's already in pieces. Let me know if you need it.

Tim

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - broncosbybart - 04-18-2014

Sometimes I wish I never got rid of some of the stuff I did...

I am interested. How much do you want for it? Are you going to the super cel? Feel free to PM me. Thanks!

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Timstrk - 04-18-2014

Got the new motor mounts in. Thanks for the heads up on those, Nick. The old ones were the two piece design. Thank goodness gravity still works. It was the only thing holding the engine in place.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - snipes243 - 04-28-2014

Moving this around the garage getting it prep to go in [Image: na9emevu.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - jollygrngiant - 04-28-2014

Yesterday, Chuzie stopped by to help me work on some stuff for my Bronco. Our mission: install new seals and gear on my steering box and replace front and rear axle seals. I already had the box off the bronco. Started with the snap ring at the bottom of the shaft.... Came off fine, after removing some sludge around it. Then we realized we had to hook it all back up to blow out the seals. That went fine, after using a 1/2 a gallon of PS fluid. Got the seal kit from JBG, not too happy with them. It was a Gates seal kit, so it could be used w a whole bunch of PS boxes. Of coarse 1 of the seals I needed wasn't in the kit! Wtf!! For $56 one would think everything I needed would be in it, but nope. Bu that wasn't the only problem. After further inspection of the shaft, we noticed some pitting going on and some ridges. So, I decided I'm going to send it off to get rebuilt. Ended up putting on another old Gear box that doesn't leak that I had laying around. It just has some play in it. So it'll do for now

Sent from my iPhone 5S with Tapatalk pro

So after strike 1, we attacked the rear axle to replace the seals. Jacked the rear up, set it on jack stands and pulled out the axle shaft. Here comes strike 2!! Chuzie noticed a little play in the bearing located in front of the axle seal on the axle shaft. Great! Pulled the DS shaft out....same thing! I just stopped after that. Didn't even want to tear apart the front seals.

Notice the ridges/pitting behind the slpine of the gear box
[Image: pa7ejany.jpg]

See the gap between bearing and lock?
[Image: 2yqupere.jpg]

Me holding the seal and bearing up to the lock
[Image: ebuza6a5.jpg]

[Image: suny3y4y.jpg]

How I left it Sunday afternoon
[Image: azu7egad.jpg]

Ended up calling Marc ( bighorn) to see if I could use his press. He was the closest one who I knew would have a press. Gonna attempt to fix it this weekend.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - snipes243 - 04-30-2014

Got the trans and tcase out tonight [Image: qaze4umu.jpg]

Also got the parts ordered for this baby to go in. [Image: ru7e9ava.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - jollygrngiant - 05-03-2014

Got the old bearings and locks off the axle shaft, thanks to Bighorn. Got new bearings, race, and axle seal from Parks Auto Parts ( local auto store) started around 7. Used his drill press to "pop" off the lock, then a air grinder to break the bearing. Pressed new bearings and locks over a few beers..... Looking to install Sunday