The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Talk (https://cb4x4.com/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? (/thread-2701.html)

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - broncosbybart - 04-10-2011

par for the course. no one here in CLT has them either. One idea that I have been toying with lately is trying AN fittings on there. Stainless braided AN lines are pretty cheap, but the fittings aren't. Might be a bit cheaper than the vendors when it is all said and done.

I got a few boxes in on Friday. Finished the PS plumbing and am working on plumbing the trans cooler and finishing the fuel system plumbing as well. I am missing a part for the remote trans cooler though.. Gotta wait for that to be shipped from the manufacturer.

On Friday I scored big time!! Went to the auto fair and got a steering wheel, an autometer tach, 12 bolt H1 beadlock wheels, and some other stuff. Then I went to the Pull A Part and guess what?? There was a new arrival 5.0 V-8 explorer AND an 89 or so 5.0 HO Mustang!! Never seen one of those in a bone yard. It was a convertible as well... The ECU was already gone from the Mustang, but I got a few rare spare parts off of it (BP sensor and some other gadgets) and some parts off the Explorer for the ECORS rig. I'd imagine that there is nothing left of either one now....

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - SC74 - 04-10-2011

broncosbybart Wrote:On Friday I scored big time!! Went to the auto fair and got a steering wheel, an autometer tach, 12 bolt H1 beadlock wheels, and some other stuff. Then I went to the Pull A Part and guess what?? There was a new arrival 5.0 V-8 explorer AND an 89 or so 5.0 HO Mustang!! Never seen one of those in a bone yard. It was a convertible as well... The ECU was already gone from the Mustang, but I got a few rare spare parts off of it (BP sensor and some other gadgets) and some parts off the Explorer for the ECORS rig. I'd imagine that there is nothing left of either one now....

Lucky Dog! Congrats on the good finds.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - broncosbybart - 04-10-2011

thanks. that is about the first time something like that has happened at the boneyard. my luck is pretty bad...

i got a spare explorer alt while i was there.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - medwards01 - 04-11-2011

Stopped by Autozone after work and picked up my new front brake hoses. Just now got them installed and finished bleeding the brakes....Also spent a little time adjusting the choke on the carburetor. Maybe now with the warmer weather finally here I can put away that yellow can of starter fluid....just maybe, hehehe!!! Confusedcratchhe:

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - berg bronco - 04-11-2011

changed the oil and checked all the fluids!

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - firefighter2134 - 04-11-2011

nothing today just drove it...

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Crawdad - 04-11-2011

firefighter2134 Wrote:nothing today just drove it...

I'm jealous............

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - firefighter2134 - 04-11-2011

yeah but i do have a nasty exhaust leak i need to fix. just gotta get a new donut gasket

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Crawdad - 04-12-2011

I was able to slip out of the house for about twenty minutes to fix two leaks using teflon tape. Spent the rest of the evening caring for a 9 month old with his first ear infection! Its gonna be another long night.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - medwards01 - 04-13-2011

Crawdad Wrote:I Spent the rest of the evening caring for a 9 month old with his first ear infection! Its gonna be another long night.

Crawdad, hope the kid's gonna to be OK....Boy, do I remember those days and nights, glad they are long past for me and the missus. Now we only hear about it 2nd hand when it's our grandkids. Being grandparents definitely has its rewards!! Spent about 10 minutes tonight when I got home from Lowe's installing a new stud into the carb for attaching the air cleaner. Used a 3" piece of 5/16-18 threaded rod, locknuts and wingnuts I picked up from the hardware department. Cost me a total of $2.28 with my employee discount. Now I don't have the wasted effort attempting to screw a hex bolt into a blind hole. And, I have a spare wingnut to throw in the toolbox for when I drop and lose the other one....Yeah Baby!! :xyxthumbs: