The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
Irmo73's Build - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Tech (https://cb4x4.com/forum-40.html)
+--- Thread: Irmo73's Build (/thread-3017.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Irmo73's Build - Crawdad - 01-19-2012

If ur a mall crawler like me ur PS pump will be fine with 33s. I did the Sagi PS change only bc I had 37s. Now that I have skinny 33s the steering feels like the old PS pump, nice and smooth.

Irmo73's Build - Irmo73 - 01-19-2012

I am now going to have 35s instead of 33s
but the BFG ATs 35s are actually 4 pounds lighter each then the Goodyear MTs 33s i had
what is the actual name of the stock power steering pump? is it just a ford pump??

Irmo73 Wrote:I am now going to have 35s instead of 33s
but the BFG ATs 35s are actually 4 pounds lighter each then the Goodyear MTs 33s i had
what is the actual name of the stock power steering pump? is it just a ford pump??

Yep, its FORD. Rebuilts are hit & miss. Mine kept squealing/ whistling to hi heaven when I gave it gas. It finally gave out so I went Sagi due to the 37s I had. Going Sagi is a very good addition to your Hydroboost set-up. Lots are doing it on Classic. But I think you will need a dual return Sagi pump since you have HB. But then again how is ur HB working w/o a Sagi????? None-the-less the Sagi PS is a good add-on.

Crawdad Wrote:Yep, its FORD. Rebuilts are hit & miss. Mine kept squealing/ whistling to hi heaven when I gave it gas. It finally gave out so I went Sagi due to the 37s I had. Going Sagi is a very good addition to your Hydroboost set-up. Lots are doing it on Classic. But I think you will need a dual return Sagi pump since you have HB. But then again how is ur HB working w/o a Sagi????? None-the-less the Sagi PS is a good add-on.

havent had a problem yet with the stock pump but if i do, probably just get a saginaw
wonder if i can pull one from somewhere around here
there any good junkyards closeby?

Irmo73's Build - BucknEB - 01-19-2012

Irmo73 Wrote:havent had a problem yet with the stock pump but if i do, probably just get a saginaw
wonder if i can pull one from somewhere around here
there any good junkyards closeby?

I've got one that I bought from a guy on Classic. It's used but it looks like its in great shape with dual return and the mounting bracket (with the notch cut out).

BucknEB Wrote:I've got one that I bought from a guy on Classic. It's used but it looks like its in great shape with dual return and the mounting bracket (with the notch cut out).

thanks!

i may need it but lets see what happens first when i power her up

PM me if you want it. I can post a picture later.

I'm going to swap in the 5.0 soon and I'm doing the explorer Serpentine set up with all the explorer accessories , so I won't be using it. It needs a good home.:xyxthumbs:

Irmo73 Wrote:thanks!

i may need it but lets see what happens first when i power her up

Cool.Confusedmokin:

I got my Sagi from a guy in GA. He never installed it. He said he bought it from Scrapman who is a vendor on Classic. Doug should have all the parts you need on a 302. A 351W like mine needed an extra bracket to work. I have a pretty good write up on this website.

Irmo73's Build - Irmo73 - 01-22-2012

My old soft top is up for donation if anyone wants to pick it up
It's admittedly not in great shape - nothing specific just worn out
It's the old kayline type with buttons and roll up windows