The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Talk (https://cb4x4.com/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? (/thread-2701.html)

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - wepuckett - 07-08-2014

Yeah I am thinking of stopping by the pawn shop locally and seeing how much a good name brand one would cost as gas to exchange it is like 10 or 15 maybe even 20 and don't really feel like waiting till we go to the next crawdads game on the 17 or 18th. I will slowly by decent brand stuff just got too many things to find atm like a larger compressor. Hopping I can take full advantage of my snap on and matco discounts while I have them.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Crawdad - 07-09-2014

I buy HF stuff for small home projects, but I tend to buy good stuff for multiple uses. A grinder is one of them. Between cutting metal or removing rust you can't beat a Dewalt. Mine has lasted me for five years and I see it lasting even more. I bought a circular saw fir cutting pavers and luckily I bought the ext warrantee. I returned two of them over the past three months. Its a dirty job and didn't want to ruin my Dewalt circ saw. I like having excuses to go back to HF! half is one f those "You get what you pay for" store.
Go as big as you can on the air compressor. A 5hp, 60 gal or bigger is best, good deals on CL bc these can be rather pricey. I have a 5 hp 80 gal compressor and hopefully it will do a good job with a blasting cabinet. Stay away from HF when it comes to compressors. Even with a warrantee, it would be a bear to return when these things can be 400-600 lbs!

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - wepuckett - 07-09-2014

Well the local pawn shops wanted 80 plus for a used one but Tractor supply has them on sale for 49.99 through July 27th so just went ahead and picked one up there and paid for the 2 year waranty with it. Just under 70 out the door.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - wepuckett - 07-09-2014

Crawdad Wrote:I buy HF stuff for small home projects, but I tend to buy good stuff for multiple uses. A grinder is one of them. Between cutting metal or removing rust you can't beat a Dewalt. Mine has lasted me for five years and I see it lasting even more. I bought a circular saw fir cutting pavers and luckily I bought the ext warrantee. I returned two of them over the past three months. Its a dirty job and didn't want to ruin my Dewalt circ saw. I like having excuses to go back to HF! half is one f those "You get what you pay for" store.
Go as big as you can on the air compressor. A 5hp, 60 gal or bigger is best, good deals on CL bc these can be rather pricey. I have a 5 hp 80 gal compressor and hopefully it will do a good job with a blasting cabinet. Stay away from HF when it comes to compressors. Even with a warrantee, it would be a bear to return when these things can be 400-600 lbs!

Yeah Circular saw I bought a makita a while back used when I was renovatting my house in AR and it still works like a champ had to have a new power cord put in it at one point but been fine other then that.

As for compressor I am watching CL and will pick up an Iwanna at some point thinking unless something hits me I should be able to do a grand come the 1st of the month hopping to find a good 7hp one in that price range as I wanna try media blasting myself, at least that is my ecscuse to by a bigger compressor, at least that way I have the compressor if I determine I can't handle the media blasting, it may slow me back a little if I can't but hopefully not too bad.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - blazinchuck - 07-11-2014

I've been super happy with my big compressor from hf. I got deal on it for round $350( display model) missing pressure switch...but it's been doing everything from almost 15 yrs

Sent using my HTC ONE via Tapatalk

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - Timstrk - 07-11-2014

Mine is a 6.5hp/60gal upright. I got it at Home Depot in the mid 90s some time. Been flawless in performance. I have a HF sand blaster that I run with it sometimes. It will bleed down to about 70ish lb and just keep running. I don't have a cabinet so the driveway gets covered with sand whenever I do something with it.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - chuzie - 07-11-2014

Hey Tim, where are the carnage pics from Duramhamtown? You aren't getting off that easy!

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - broncosbybart - 07-11-2014

Put some go-fast mirrors on the racer. Look out!!!

Sorry for the out of order and sideways pics. Did this from the cell phone. Didn't work out so good.

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - chuzie - 07-12-2014

Is it faster now?

what have you wrenched on your bronco(s) today? - broncosbybart - 07-12-2014

Like you even had to ask. Keeping my eyes out for a flux capacitor now.

I also replaced the front axle shaft with the loose u-joint. But that isn't near as exciting.