The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
Evolution Machine Heims - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Tech (https://cb4x4.com/forum-40.html)
+--- Thread: Evolution Machine Heims (/thread-1070.html)

Pages: 1 2

Evolution Machine Heims - bucketobolts - 10-21-2008

I picked up a set of heims for my lower front links. These are the "medium" joints from Evolution Machine. They have a large and a new joint called the "FrankenHeim" that are bigger yet! They are custom made by the owner in Canada for each purchase. Also bought a set of brackets from Blue Torch Fab for the axle. These are going to allow me to run the top bars parallel to the frame and the lowers will be triangulated. Looking at about 56" length on the lowers and 35" on the uppers.

Evolution Machine Heims - broncomania - 10-21-2008

how much for each ????? ive got 1"&3/4 tubing.

Evolution Machine Heims - SC74 - 10-21-2008

Dang those are big :rubeyes:! I'm curious to how much they cost also. Look forward to seeing those on your build!

Evolution Machine Heims - broncomania - 10-21-2008

i looked them up. $110.00 each is what i found.

Evolution Machine Heims - bucketobolts - 10-21-2008

They are around $100 each. I wanted to use a Johnny Joint or Ballistic Fab Jimmy Joint, but couldn't fit them in the bracket on the drivers side of the axle. The late model D60 only has 2 7/8" of tube on the drivers side to mount the brackets and suspension. Brackets are 5/16 thick each. That only gave me 2 1/4" to work with. Currie Ent makes a narrow Johnny Joint, but it mounts with a 7/16 bolt. My brackets came with 5/8 holes cut. So it was either the Evo's or regular Heims. So I've elected to use the Evo's on the bottom and Chromoly Heims on the top.

What wall tubing do you have? DOM or HREW? I'm going to use 2.5" .375 wall DOM for my lowers on the front.

I bought a JD2 HD tubing bender with a 240* 6" 1 3/4" die, stand, and notcher yesterday from a guy on another local board. I want to build a cart and add a hydraulic pump and cylinder to it. I'm too lazy to pull on a bar all day.

Evolution Machine Heims - snipes243 - 10-21-2008

Those things a sweet, just out curiosty what are strength numbers on them?:xyxthumbs: Is the jd2 the racheting bender, I have been tossing around the idea of getting on to make a roll cage instead of buying one already made.

Evolution Machine Heims - broncomania - 10-22-2008

bucketobolts Wrote:What wall tubing do you have? DOM or HREW? I'm going to use 2.5" .375 wall DOM for my lowers on the front.

im using 1&3/4 0.375 wall lowers and 1&3/4 0.250 wall for my uppers. all dom

Evolution Machine Heims - SC74 - 10-22-2008

bucketobolts Wrote:I bought a JD2 HD tubing bender with a 240* 6" 1 3/4" die, stand, and notcher yesterday from a guy on another local board. I want to build a cart and add a hydraulic pump and cylinder to it. I'm too lazy to pull on a bar all day.

Good Score :xyxthumbs: You'll like that 240* die - all we have is 110* and I've wished I had 240 several times. Pirate has some good kits so that you can use a HF ram.

Evolution Machine Heims - bucketobolts - 10-22-2008

snipes243 Wrote:Those things a sweet, just out curiosty what are strength numbers on them?:xyxthumbs: Is the jd2 the racheting bender, I have been tossing around the idea of getting on to make a roll cage instead of buying one already made.

The web site says they surpassed the test equipments ability at 100,000 psi tinsel strength.

Yes, the bender is the ratchet style. I'll see if I can get a pic this evening.

Quote:Good Score :xyxthumbs: You'll like that 240* die - all we have is 110* and I've wished I had 240 several times. Pirate has some good kits so that you can use a HF ram.

The fella I bought my H1's from has Rob, the owner of NC4x4.com's, old bender. It is the JD2 on a channel iron frame shaped like a saw buck with casters. He has the power unit mounted on the bottom and the cylinder and bender mounted on the top. He is supposed to send me some pics and measurements of his design.

Evolution Machine Heims - bucketobolts - 10-22-2008

Took a little break this evening for a little mock up. Getting an idea of what I'm going to do for misalignment spacers. As you can see the drivers side gets crowded really fast. I've also got to figure out a way to mount a coil over/air shock of some sort. One idea is to mount them on the upper links close to the axle.