The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
Rocker Panels and Roll Cage - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Talk (https://cb4x4.com/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: Rocker Panels and Roll Cage (/thread-1293.html)

Pages: 1 2

Rocker Panels and Roll Cage - JimR - 03-10-2009

Hey guys,
Good seeing some of you at Smokey Bones the other night. Since we did not get a lot of parking lot time, here is an update on my bronco....I recently had some body work done. Both rockers, inner and outer, the drivers side door post - with new hinge bushings, and the inner fender on the drivers side (usual area). I also had a roll cage fabricated and installed. I am real happy with how it turned out.

I had it done at a shop in Kannapolis by a guy named Mike Irwin - Irwin Welding and Fabrication. He is a good friend of a friend. He has been working on race teams for years but unfortunately was a casualty of the racing industry contraction so he started this little business. Here are a few pics below of the work he did. So here is a shameless plug for his services! He was real easy to work with and reasonably priced. His number is 704-907-3690 for anyone interested. He made me cd's with tons of pictures of all the work he did. His shop is right off of 85 - I think it is exit 63 - it is the fieldcrest cannon stadium exit. Unfortunately I am going to miss the get together at Dennis Carpenter, but I told Mike to go up there and check out the broncos. See you guys soon.

[Image: bronco-repair#3-002.jpg]
[Image: bronco-repair#3-007.jpg]
[Image: bronco-repair#3-025.jpg]
[Image: bronco-repair#3-088.jpg]
[Image: bronco-repair#3-095.jpg]
[Image: bronco-rollcage-042.jpg]
[Image: bronco-rollcage-043.jpg]
[Image: bronco-rollcage-044.jpg]
[Image: bronco-rollcage-048.jpg]
[Image: bronco-rollcage-076.jpg]
[Image: bronco-rollcage-081.jpg]
[Image: bronco-rollcage-091.jpg]
[Image: bronco-rollcage-112.jpg]
[Image: bronco-rollcage-113.jpg]
[Image: bronco-rollcage-114.jpg]
[Image: bronco-rollcage-118.jpg]

Rocker Panels and Roll Cage - broncomatt - 03-10-2009

Nice progress Jim, and nothing wrong with a plug like that. Especialy when they do nice work like that.
broncomatt

Rocker Panels and Roll Cage - JimR - 03-10-2009

He did do a nice job.... I do have a ton more pics if anyone wants to see more....

Rocker Panels and Roll Cage - broncomania - 03-11-2009

very nice.

Rocker Panels and Roll Cage - SC74 - 03-11-2009

Looks like he has a great set-up for just getting started. Bronco looks great! Good meeting you the other night at Sticky Bones.

Rocker Panels and Roll Cage - bad74blue - 03-31-2009

Your Bronco looks really good. I need to get my rocker panels redone and I would also like to get new floor pans welded in. Do you mind telling me who did your rockers and how much it cost? Thanks!

Rocker Panels and Roll Cage - JimR - 03-31-2009

I paid for the parts/pieces/supplies and he just charged me labor. I would just call Mike and ask him his hourly rate and estimated time. He is a really nice guy and can probably do your's faster than mine since I was technically his first bronco. I just don't want to tell you one price and he tell you another. I will tell you that he does a good job (very meticulous) and is easy to work with. He is still getting his shop running so I am sure he would get you done for a good price and good word of mouth. Tell him that you saw the work he did to my bronco (Jim Rector).
Mike Irwin
Irwin Welding and Fabrication
704-907-3690

Rocker Panels and Roll Cage - broncomania - 03-31-2009

he did do a nice job. that cage is sweet.

Rocker Panels and Roll Cage - JimR - 04-01-2009

Just an FYI - He has the measurements of the cage so he can bend one up pretty easily.

Rocker Panels and Roll Cage - redsblue73 - 04-03-2009

Hey Jim - that looks great! I just saw that guy's sign go up not to long ago and wondered if anyone knew much about him....good to know that he does great work! Thanks for the tip:xyxthumbs:......hate you missed us last Saturday - we had a great turn out despite the rain....