The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
paint? - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Talk (https://cb4x4.com/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: paint? (/thread-1449.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

paint? - berg bronco - 04-30-2009

I got a quote from a local paint shop for 3,900.00 to repair the rust areas and paint he said it would be show quality . what do you guys think.

paint? - trkbilder - 04-30-2009

There's a saying in America, crevete emptor, which means let the buyer beware. Show quality around here with no body repair would be a bargain at $6000. Ask around, try to see some of his previous work, ask if the former customer was he satisfied ! Good luck!! :xyxthumbs:

It is cheap for sure. I have seen some of his work and it looks good. I'm not looking for show quality just a nice paint job. he also said he has no work right now that's why he can do it for that price. I,m still up in the air about it.

paint? - broncomatt - 04-30-2009

Just make sure he'll give some kind of guarente. I did a restoration on a 74 eb, had all the paint and body work done at a body shop I used to work for. Since I knew there quality of work I thought it would be ok. A year later he came to me complaning that the rocker was bubbling. I took it back to them, they fixed it. A few months later, it came back. I took it back, they grumbled, but fixed it. But they told me they coulded cover that kind of thing. I never gave them any other work again. I do all my own work, its not show quality, but I know the prep is right, and it wont rust again.
Get a comparisen car that they worked on, and have him tell you what he is going to do to fix the rust and prevent it from comming back.
Just my 2c.
Broncomatt

broncomatt Wrote:Just make sure he'll give some kind of guarente. I did a restoration on a 74 eb, had all the paint and body work done at a body shop I used to work for. Since I knew there quality of work I thought it would be ok. A year later he came to me complaning that the rocker was bubbling. I took it back to them, they fixed it. A few months later, it came back. I took it back, they grumbled, but fixed it. But they told me they coulded cover that kind of thing. I never gave them any other work again. I do all my own work, its not show quality, but I know the prep is right, and it wont rust again.
Get a comparisen car that they worked on, and have him tell you what he is going to do to fix the rust and prevent it from comming back.
Just my 2c.
Broncomatt
thanks for the advice I found out about this guy from one of my friends that is having his 80 model chevy done it's bieng prepped right know so I got to look at some of his work. I'll ask him about a garuantee

paint? - DeTowman - 04-30-2009

Josh the key to a good paint job is the body work plus the prep before the paint goes on. The best painter and paint can't cover shody body & prep work. ask him if he mines u stopping while he's doing your truck...that's just my .02 .............:rebel:

DeTowman Wrote:Josh the key to a good paint job is the body work plus the prep before the paint goes on. The best painter and paint can't cover shody body & prep work. ask him if he mines u stopping while he's doing your truck...that's just my .02 .............:rebel:

Thanks Dean he said I could stop in anytime to check it out

paint? - berg bronco - 05-07-2009

alright so I decided I am going to get it painted now I have to figure out what
color. I'm between sticking with the yellow or a green color. anybody know of
some green broncos I could get some pics of?

paint? - Mill Knob - 05-07-2009

berg bronco Wrote:alright so I decided I am going to get it painted now I have to figure out what
color. I'm between sticking with the yellow or a green color. anybody know of
some green broncos I could get some pics of?

Confusedcratchhe: The Yellow is a nice color on you Josh.:beer: But have you ever looked at what your Bronco OEM color was? There are some good looking Greens out there. But you could go to Lowes or Home depot and look at there color sections and see if they have any you like..

paint? - trkbilder - 05-08-2009

Isn't Jim's EB green? I like the yellow, I'd stay with that but tone it down just a little! Just my $.02! :xyxthumbs: