The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
Help please on Valve Covers - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Tech (https://cb4x4.com/forum-40.html)
+--- Thread: Help please on Valve Covers (/thread-1637.html)

Pages: 1 2

Help please on Valve Covers - Mill Knob - 07-02-2009

I am going to be putting on my valve covers. Kind of stupid huh. When putting on the valve covers should I put the adhesive on the valve covers and then put the gasket on and then put some adhesive on the heads? Or should I just put a little adhesive on the valve covers to keep the gasket on then put the adhesive on the heads?

I know that this sounds stupied for me asking but I just forgot and want to make sure that I only do it onces. Plus I now that I can ask yall any thing.:biggthumpup:

Help please on Valve Covers - 744x4 - 07-02-2009

Apply adhesive to the gaskets to stick them to the valve covers.No adhesive on the heads.Dont use the cork crap if you can avoid it.The good silicone and rubber ones aint cheap but make it so you dont need any adhesive @ All.Steel valvecovers like the rubber ones and Aluminum covers prefer the silicone versions.

744x4 Wrote:Apply adhesive to the gaskets to stick them to the valve covers.No adhesive on the heads.Dont use the cork crap if you can avoid it.The good silicone and rubber ones aint cheap but make it so you dont need any adhesive @ All.Steel valvecovers like the rubber ones and Aluminum covers prefer the silicone versions.

So if I was going to get the Rubber ones then I would not have to put any adhesive on the valve covers? Yes I do have the Cork crap. Brad gave them to me when I got the Bronco. But I can see about getting the Rubber ones.

Help please on Valve Covers - 66stocker - 07-02-2009

X2 on the rubber gaskets.
I use just enough RTV to hold the gasket to the cover and that's it.

Help please on Valve Covers - bucketobolts - 07-02-2009

I don't like to use adhesive on valve covers unless I have a contrary gasket. The silicone/rubber gaskets are the best. They can be reused and don't require constant re torquing. Cork are alright when that is what I have to work with. But I despise using yellow glue on them that so may people use. It make a it a pain clean and change the gasket later on.

If you are reusing the factory tin covers, check the area around the bolt holes. Look for small splits where the top rounds over to the lip mounting flange at the bolt holes. Also make sure that the mounting flange in not dimpled from over tightening. Use a socket and a small hammer to flatten things back to where they are supposed to be.

Help please on Valve Covers - broncomania - 07-02-2009

i dont use anything. buy the moroso blue gaskets and you can use them over and over. more expensive but worth it in my opinion. easy to install cause they dont flop or sag down while trying to line up the bolt holes.

I am going to go and get me some of them silicone/rubber ones..

Thanks for the info...:rebel:

Help please on Valve Covers - johnpaulgolf - 07-02-2009

bucketobolts Wrote:If you are reusing the factory tin covers, check the area around the bolt holes. Look for small splits where the top rounds over to the lip mounting flange at the bolt holes. Also make sure that the mounting flange in not dimpled from over tightening. Use a socket and a small hammer to flatten things back to where they are supposed to be.

this is so true ... I had to do something like this to an old mustang when replace valve cover gaskets ... :popc1:

Help please on Valve Covers - GOODOLEBOY84 - 07-02-2009

go to advance and get a set for a 96 f150 with a 302 they are about 30 bucks i think but worth every penny, and dont leak, part number VS13264T
wont have one problem and you dont have to use sealant

Help please on Valve Covers - 744x4 - 07-03-2009

I paid about 36 bucks for the Felpro blue ones I have but I am using Aluminum 89 Mustang valvecovers.They are crushproof and contain a steel core so you cant break the Aluminum ears off the valvecovers by uneven torquing of them.