The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
Carb Question.. Help a Brother out.... - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Tech (https://cb4x4.com/forum-40.html)
+--- Thread: Carb Question.. Help a Brother out.... (/thread-1802.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Carb Question.. Help a Brother out.... - Mill Knob - 08-24-2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a Carb question. My Carb seems to run better when my manual choke is half-way pull out. I rebuilt the carb a month ago and it seem to run good. But after I done a tune up (Spark plugs, Spark plug wires,cap,button,points) it seem to not run as strong. I have not done any turning of the fuel and air mixture screws that are in the front of the carb. So what to do? Do I need to turn the air mixture down because the carb is getting more then the fuel?
Which screw is the air and which one is the gas? I know there is someone out there that can help..

Carb Question.. Help a Brother out.... - bucketobolts - 08-25-2009

Sounds like something has a piece of trash in it causing it to run lean.

Which carb are you running?

Carb Question.. Help a Brother out.... - 66stocker - 08-25-2009

Hey George,
Look through that service manual I left with you.
It has good diagrams and trouble shooting procedures for your carb.
If all else fails, pick a night this week and we can get together and tune your carb.

Carb Question.. Help a Brother out.... - SC74 - 08-25-2009

when you replaced your dist cap & rotor you didn't advance the timing at all did you?

Carb Question.. Help a Brother out.... - broncomatt - 08-25-2009

The big question is what carb. It realy sounds like a gasket is leaking or a peice of debre is causing a problem. Did you buy a rebuild kit using the tag number on the carb?

Carb Question.. Help a Brother out.... - 66stocker - 08-25-2009

I'm pretty sure he has the stock 2100 on top of a 302.
George, is it running bad at idle or at rpm?

Carb Question.. Help a Brother out.... - Mill Knob - 08-26-2009

66stocker Wrote:I'm pretty sure he has the stock 2100 on top of a 302.
George, is it running bad at idle or at rpm?

Bill you are correct on the 2100 carb. But the idle is fine. It is just when I am running down the road around 35 or 50 MPH and it seems not to run as good with the choke off then the choke half way out.Confusedcratchhe:

broncomatt Wrote:The big question is what carb. It realy sounds like a gasket is leaking or a peice of debre is causing a problem. Did you buy a rebuild kit using the tag number on the carb?

Yes I used the carb rebuild kit by the tag #.

SC74 Wrote:when you replaced your dist cap & rotor you didn't advance the timing at all did you?

No I didn't advance the timming? I just replace the stuff and put the top back on.

Carb Question.. Help a Brother out.... - broncomatt - 08-26-2009

Well since its only at mid range rpm's and the idle is ok its not going to be as easy to figure out. The first thing I would do is try riching the mixture (thats presuming you put them in all the way then backed them out 1 1/2turns to start) by 1/2 turn. I would also double check the float height. If its low it can fuel starve at mid to full throttle.
You can also try checking for vacume leaks with propane or carb clean.
Check all your vacume lines (the ones down to the tranny, plus evap lines), accelerator pump settings, and air cleaner.
I hope this helps some, its easyer to diagnose with the truck in front of me.
Broncomatt