The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
Battery Problem???? Start slow..... Help... - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Tech (https://cb4x4.com/forum-40.html)
+--- Thread: Battery Problem???? Start slow..... Help... (/thread-1858.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Battery Problem???? Start slow..... Help... - Mill Knob - 09-27-2009

So I took my wife out this afternoon in the Bronco to the Grocery store and when I came back out to start the Bronco it went rrrrrrrrrrrrrr then click click then nothing... So I try to role it down the hill and nothing. Then I try the second time to start it and it started right up? When I was at the house it ack like it didn't want to crank.

When I got home it shut off when I pull in the drive way at my house. Then when I try to start it it rrrrrrrr,click click, then nothing.... So I went to put the charger on it but it showed fully charged and the battery started spiting out water out of the top where you fill it with water. Then I try to jump it off and When I put the jumper cables on it spark like hell.. I could have welded with that spark.... I then put a volt meter on it and turn it to DCV 20 and it only showed the Battery to have .09 to .10. So I pull the Battery out of the Bronco. I tested the battery just a sec ago and it showed 11.90? So is the battery bad or does it go bad when it gets hot?Confusedcratchhe: Confusedcratchhe: Confusedcratchhe: Confusedcratchhe: Or is it my Battery? Help me out please. I need to fix it by this weekend.

Battery Problem???? Start slow..... Help... - berg bronco - 09-27-2009

At first it sounded like a loose connection,but the battery spitting out water it sounds like bad battery. Al ot of help I amConfusedcratchhe:

Battery Problem???? Start slow..... Help... - berg bronco - 09-27-2009

Wow you would think i could type better than that

Battery Problem???? Start slow..... Help... - Mill Knob - 09-28-2009

You mean to tell me that all the people on this forum have no idea what could be the promblem? Just Berg Bronco?

Come on.. Any body else and yall would be try to help out... There is some thing wrong here..Confusedcratchhe:

Battery Problem???? Start slow..... Help... - blazinchuck - 09-28-2009

sounds like a battery dude...swap out with another in a vehicle to try.

Battery Problem???? Start slow..... Help... - JayT - 09-28-2009

Mill Knob Wrote:You mean to tell me that all the people on this forum have no idea what could be the promblem? Just Berg Bronco?

Come on.. Any body else and yall would be try to help out... There is some thing wrong here..Confusedcratchhe:

You're right... Sounded like you suspected the battery, Berg confirmed... I was waiting for more info... as in you took the battery to have it load tested (free at most parts stores)... If you can't get it to a free testing place, follow chuck's advice and report back either way. I'm sure everyone will jump in with advice once we get past this step.

Battery Problem???? Start slow..... Help... - bone collector - 09-28-2009

I would go ahead and get a new battery and either way it wouldnt hurt to check your connections. how old is the batt.?

Battery Problem???? Start slow..... Help... - Mill Knob - 09-28-2009

Update. I took my Battery and had it tested and was told that it was good jus a little weak. So I put it on a charger at work in the shop so it should be ready tomorow. So the Battery should be GOOD. I try to hook the jumper cables from my 4runner while it was running and hook it up to the Bronco with out a Battery and it try to start with the key OFF.Confusedcratchhe: So I am going to go by the parts house tomorrow and pick up a new solenoid and cable that goes from the starter to the solenoid.
Then we will see what happens..

Battery Problem???? Start slow..... Help... - blazinchuck - 09-28-2009

you must have hooked up to the solenoid...that will turn the starter over with or with out the key on. let us know tomorrow, how things go

Battery Problem???? Start slow..... Help... - johnpaulgolf - 09-29-2009

Sounds like your battery is a little weak and prolly should replace the selonoid and maybe a few cables from the battery to the seloinoid and possible your ground wire to the block and always check that little bugger of a ground wire to the body and clean up all connections with baking soda and a wire brush and add some dielectric grease to all the electric connections and buy a REAL batterry with 1000 cold cranking amps and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and and Confusedcratchhe: Confusedcratchhe: Confusedcratchhe:

:popc1:

:popc1: