The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
short or bad ground? - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Tech (https://cb4x4.com/forum-40.html)
+--- Thread: short or bad ground? (/thread-2147.html)

Pages: 1 2

short or bad ground? - firefighter2134 - 03-22-2010

ok guys i am chasing my tail here. with meet and greet a little over 3wks away im trying everything in my power to drive bronc there but i keep blowing brake light and turn signal fuses. they do not blow everytime that i hit brakes only sometimes. and turn signal only blows when left turn is on.Confusedcratchhe: i thought i had everything working last night wasnt pulling no more than 3.5 ams on brake lights then it all went down hill. i have a painless harness if that helps. 69 bronco. if anyone has any insight please help. my num is nine eight zero, four two nine, zero five five four. thanks in advance . i will keep my progress posted. :banghead:

asiel

short or bad ground? - 69bronco - 03-22-2010

Dude I had the same problem and I ended up taking it to a pro to get it fixed, cost me about a 100 or maybe less if I remember right. Sorry for the lack of help.

short or bad ground? - firefighter2134 - 03-22-2010

Ok after banging head against wall for hrs I think I got it. Only thing I did was take brake light switch off and put it back on...don't know but it worked. Now back to the brakes lost a wheel cylinder also

short or bad ground? - firefighter2134 - 09-18-2010

with engine swap complete i went to take this thing around the block only to realize that turn signal and brake light fuses were blown once again. only thing i can think that is wrong is the headlight switch going bad or brake switch going bad or both. everything else has been double checked and rechecked behind that.

short or bad ground? - jdowns67 - 09-19-2010

I probably shouldn't say this but I installed a painless harness in a friend's 68 Firebird for him and had a lot of problems with weird stuff going on. Maybe they're not all like this but that was my experience. He asked me to do it because I used to work for an automotive electric place wiring cars. Once you go with a painless harness, the factory schematic goes out the window which makes troubleshooting way more difficult. What you describe sounds like a short not a bad ground. Did the harness come with a new turn signal switch? They can cause lots of trouble especially if you have a tilt steering column. Did the painless harness come with a schematic, I can't remember if they do.

short or bad ground? - firefighter2134 - 09-19-2010

yeah it came with all new switches.when i put in the painless harness i changed steering column also. ive even talked to the tech guys at painless. all seems to point at headlight switch for some odd reason.

short or bad ground? - jdowns67 - 09-19-2010

Yea the headlight switches can be troublesome especially if it is an old one. Maybe yo can disconnect or bypass it to see if the problem goes away. I think they're pretty cheap anyway.

JD

true. but i cant get the problem to "duplicate" itself to track it to a switch. it might blow fuse once with headlights on and the next time i cant get it to blow. thats what is making me believe its a combination of both headlight and brakelight switch. i havent found any amp draw indicating a short anywhere.

short or bad ground? - chuzie - 09-19-2010

you should just give up and sell your bronco to me for scrap. Smile

chuzie Wrote:you should just give up and sell your bronco to me for scrap. Smile

yeah i cant believe i didnt think of this before. Confusedcratchhe: