The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
New in Raleigh - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: Misc Club Info (https://cb4x4.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Welcome to the Club*******(PLEASE SIGN IN)******* (https://cb4x4.com/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: New in Raleigh (/thread-2460.html)

Pages: 1 2

New in Raleigh - ajbirken - 11-15-2010

Hi everyone,

I have been very lucky to obtain a bronco built by one of your members (brianc)!

I've been into jeep stuff (wagoneers, J-trucks, M715) for a while and also have a 1971 GMC jimmy

I might already be interested in trading it for a more road friendly mallcrawler-DD EB if anyone is interested. I hardly ever get out to Uwharrie anymore and this thing is built too well for just tooling around in! If anyone has one for trade let me know.

Brian OBVIOUSLY loved this thing and took great care of it. Here's what he has done to it.

1968 Ford Bronco “Trail Rig”
▪ Custom bumpers with Warn 8000i winch in front and tire carrier in rear
▪ Motor is a 302 (mostly stock) from a ’77 w/K&N filter
▪ PS with Saginaw “Ham Can” and cooler
▪ Quadra Jet carb w/adapter from BC Broncos
▪ Front axle from a ’77 with disk brakes, Moser inner and outer axle shafts and CTM u-joints, has a rock guard on the pumpkin
▪ Rear axle is the stock housing1968 Ford Bronco “Trail Rig”
▪ Custom bumpers with Warn 8000i winch in front and tire carrier in rear
▪ Motor is a 302 (mostly stock) from a ’77 w/K&N filter
▪ PS with Saginaw “Ham Can” and cooler
▪ Quadra Jet carb w/adapter from BC Broncos
▪ Front axle from a ’77 with disk brakes, Moser inner and outer axle shafts and CTM u-joints, has a rock guard on the pumpkin
▪ Rear axle is the stock housing w/Moser axle shafts and Mopar spring perches
▪ Drive shafts are custom built by Arizona Drivelines (high angle CV)
▪ Front and rear differentials have 4.88 Detroit lockers
▪ 2” Wild Horses body lift
▪ 3 ½” James Duff suspension kit (System G) with extended radius arms, 8 shocks, and 11-leaf packs in back
▪ Cloth seats are from some kind of Nissan (they were there when I bought it)
▪ Tub is Rhino lined
▪ 4 Speed NP435 transmission
▪ Dana 20 Transfer case with Wild Horses Twin Stick
▪ 6 point cage with 4 “seating area” points attached to the frame
▪ 2”x4” rock skids
▪ Steel parts cage and locking storage tub
▪ Gas can and mount
▪ CB radio
▪ Grant steering wheel
▪ Sunpro Tach
▪ 36" Super Swampers on some cheap ass steel wheels w/Moser axle shafts and Mopar spring perches
▪ Drive shafts are custom built by Arizona Drivelines (high angle CV)
▪ Front and rear differentials have 4.88 Detroit lockers
▪ 2” Wild Horses body lift
▪ 3 ½” James Duff suspension kit (System G) with extended radius arms, 8 shocks, and 11-leaf packs in back
▪ Cloth seats are from some kind of Nissan (they were there when I bought it)

Here are some pics (some mine and some I stole from his website)

http://s231.photobucket.com/albums/ee95/ajbirken/1968%20Bronco/

[Image: DSC00363.jpg]

adam

New in Raleigh - josephitguy - 11-15-2010

Welcome Adam!

New in Raleigh - medwards01 - 11-16-2010

Adam, welcome to the insanity....looks like you got yourself a pretty stout trail rig there. Too bad it doesn't fit your needs right now. Good luck on finding a trade for that daily driver EB. :rockon: EARLY BRONCOS ROCK :rockon:

New in Raleigh - JayT - 11-16-2010

Wow! Welcome aboard! Glad to have you (and the Rig)! I'm just south of you in Garner, if you ever need anything.

New in Raleigh - ajbirken - 11-16-2010

Thanks guys!

I really do love this rig.

It basically already has all the stuff you dream about doing to your rig to make more capable offroad!!!

New in Raleigh - blazinchuck - 11-16-2010

welcome Adam! i would surely drive that daily!!!!! i see nothing that says it cant. a good top, auto(if ya dont like a 4sp), radio...and GO!!!!! hell, I got 42"iroks...if I could afford the gas...Id drive the mess outta that more!! I havent heard from brian in a while...hope hes doing well also

New in Raleigh - ajbirken - 11-16-2010

blazinchuck Wrote:welcome Adam! i would surely drive that daily!!!!! i see nothing that says it cant. a good top, auto(if ya dont like a 4sp), radio...and GO!!!!! hell, I got 42"iroks...if I could afford the gas...Id drive the mess outta that more!! I havent heard from brian in a while...hope hes doing well also

I'm guessing he's doing well. He traded the guy I got the bronc from for a harley so I think he is just switching toys for a while.

You are right about the DD thing, it's growing on me the more I drive it.

Maybe some 37" MTRs for better road handling or even 35" BFGs

I hate to just melt away those SXs on the road.

I just figure if someone has a decent driver that they want to convert and we can make a straight up trade, everyone is happy and probably saves money!

New in Raleigh - snipes243 - 11-16-2010

Sweet. Love the color

New in Raleigh - blazinchuck - 12-09-2010

hows it working out for ya so far?? keep us posted

New in Raleigh - ajbirken - 01-12-2011

I just traded the TSL-SX's for some 37" MTRs and now it rides like an ENTIRELY different truck.

I will be hanging on this rig for a bit and can't wait for warm weather.

I was thinking about trading it for a mallcrawler, but I am glad that I didn't. It's nice to know that you can wheel the piss our of your rig if you want to!!!

[Image: Lfront.jpg]

[Image: Lside.jpg]