The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
bout time i post up my project here... - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Tech (https://cb4x4.com/forum-40.html)
+--- Thread: bout time i post up my project here... (/thread-2517.html)

Pages: 1 2

bout time i post up my project here... - scbronco - 12-22-2010

here is my project a 74' Bronco Sport... i have had it for about 7 months, and have successfully disassembled it about 30% hopefully i get some rustbullet for christmas so i can spray all the bare surfaces, and get the body off and into the back yard. front axle is out and torn down, waiting on new carrier from accuautoparts.com. rear end removal in work, just gotta get the u-bolts cut off, and wheel her out. she will be two tone limestone green and white, therefore she has been dubbed "Sick Pony". This is a resto-mod that will be thoroughly used as a work and play vehicle. that said, some repairs may not be perfect or ford original, but where feasible, i will try to be true to Henry... Here she is...

[IMG][IMG][Image: 100_1435.jpg][IMG]

[IMG][Image: 100_1433.jpg][/IMG]

[IMG][Image: 100_1468.jpg][/IMG]

[IMG][Image: 100_1469.jpg][/IMG]

[IMG][Image: 100_1493.jpg][/IMG]

[IMG][Image: 100_1492.jpg][/IMG]

[IMG][Image: 100_1516.jpg][/IMG]

bout time i post up my project here... - blazinchuck - 12-22-2010

nice job on the floors! how good/bad is the rest of the bronco?

bout time i post up my project here... - scbronco - 12-22-2010

eeeesh... its way better than expected in some ways, and worse in some ways... i think the body got tweaked as i was disassembling things... 40 years of settling dirupted by an hour of unsettling...LOL the electrical was great, everything worked... hopefully i didnt mess that up in teardown or clean-up of the harness. there were a few spots that i repaired...

The worst of it, is that i believe the drivers fram horn is bent up and in were the steering gear mounts... i think im gonna cut both horns off, and build a subframe that sleeves to the main frame.

i actually just ran into my first stuck part snag. the third member doesnt wann break free from the axle housing on the 9"...

bout time i post up my project here... - Mill Knob - 12-22-2010

Great job on the fab work on the floors and door post. If you have to replace the kick panels you really should buy some kind of rust proof paint. Like POR 15 to keep them door post from rusting out. Keep them pic coming.

bout time i post up my project here... - broncosbybart - 12-23-2010

looks like you are having fun... man, i hate body work. keep us posted with your progress.

bout time i post up my project here... - scbronco - 12-23-2010

Mill, i plan to rustbullet everyhting inside and underneath, so hopefully that will slow the cancer down from eating the door posts... ive already closed them up, but i'm considering opening them back up to spray then putting them back together...

Bart, i've grown to hate the body work too. its so close to being done with the body i can taste it though... i have started working some of the smaller stuff like the heater, adn wiring harness, as well as both axles, just to give myself a break from all the sheetmetal. its coming along slowly, and i am having a blast doing it all, im just so ready to drive it that i have to make myself go slow and remember that the whole thing is gonna take a while. money and time, i just dont have enough of either one lately, LOL...

Note: those pics are a couple months old, and the floors are finished now, ill try to post some current pics later today...

here are some more current pics...

[Image: 100_2320.jpg]

[Image: 100_2319.jpg]

[Image: 100_2318.jpg]

[Image: 100_2317.jpg]

[Image: 100_2316.jpg]

[Image: 100_2315.jpg]

[Image: 100_2310.jpg]

[Image: 100_2309.jpg]

[Image: 100_2308.jpg]

[Image: 100_2307.jpg]

[Image: 100_2314.jpg]

so BTW, im having a hard time seperating the third member from the axle housing on the rear 9", it seems to be 'seized'... any ideas?

forgot to mention i built those rock skis, that was a day and a half project that i wish i had more pics of... some things i would do better next time, but im pleased with how the turned out...

bout time i post up my project here... - blazinchuck - 12-23-2010

looking awesome, love the metal work and skis...
as for the 3rd member, make sure you remove the tiny washers under each bolt. i think they are copper(cant remember), then you might be able to use a dead blow from the bottom of the pinion and from the top,HTH

bout time i post up my project here... - NGABronco - 12-27-2010

Man sc, you're doing great!!!! Keep the pics coming, you'll be done in time to use that new heater!!!!