The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
ididit install - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Tech (https://cb4x4.com/forum-40.html)
+--- Thread: ididit install (/thread-2533.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

ididit install - berg bronco - 12-25-2010

Im installing a ididit tilt column. I have a centech harness but the plug going to the steering column has been cut off so im going to wire them together with out the plug. what i need is somebody that has the same setup that could tell me what wire goes where or a pic of the two plugs together thanks in advance!

heres what i have
the centech wire harness to the column
1- white brake stop
2-dark blue right turn
2-light blue left turn
1-green right stop
1-yellow left stop
1-brown hazard
1-yellow horn
1- gray horn power
----------------------------
the ididit column harness
1-white brake light feed
1-green right turn signal
1-yellow left turn signal
1-purple turn signal feed
1-light blue left front turn signal
1-dark blue right turn signal
1-brown hazard feed
1-black horn relay

it sounds easy right?

ididit install - chuzie - 12-25-2010

Not sure of the application for the column. Have you gone to the centech site and pulled their data? It is really useful as is the data from painless.

ididit install - broncosbybart - 12-25-2010

I would really get a connector for the main harness that would plug into the column as originally intended, just in case you have to take the column out for whatever reason at some point. IIRC, there is an adapter that converts the flat connector like you have to an OEM Ford connector. You could get one of those and cut and splice it in. I don't have anything that I can snap some pics of though.

Looks very straightforward. the only thing i can't figure out is that it looks like you need 12V+ going to the column to feed the signals (purple wire). I don't see a wire identified as such on the vehicle side.

ididit install - blazinchuck - 12-25-2010

i found this on BCB

[COLOR="Red"]CIRCUIT EB WIRING COLUMN WIRING
Left front turn signal Green/white Green/white
Left rear turn signal Yellow/black Yelow/black
Right front turn signal White/blue White/blue
Right rear turn signal ??/green Green
Backup light switch Red/black Red/black
Emergency flashers Black Blue[/COLOR]

this is Ididit's
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Wiring Schematic -
White - Brake Feed
Green - Right rear turn signal and break
Yellow - Left rear turn signal and brake
Purple - Turn Feed
Brown - 4 Way Feed
Dark Blue - Right front turn signal and indicator
Light Blue - Left front turn signal and indicator
Black - Ground for horn relay For any of these tests make sure the key is on the ON/IN position and that the 4 Way Flashers are OFF/OUT. The only tools that you should need are a Test Light and a Continuity Tester.[/COLOR]

i also remember my centech coming with 1 or 2 different column wiring plugs...depending on what style column was being used. ill go check and see if I still have it

like charles said, kinda plug and play, i had to really test a bunch out when i convert mine to those special tail lights...but it wasnt tough tho

heres a copy of the centech column install

thanks guys! I tried to find a replacement plug so i could plug and play but i havent had any luck

broncosbybart Wrote:I would really get a connector for the main harness that would plug into the column as originally intended, just in case you have to take the column out for whatever reason at some point. IIRC, there is an adapter that converts the flat connector like you have to an OEM Ford connector. You could get one of those and cut and splice it in. I don't have anything that I can snap some pics of though.

Looks very straightforward. the only thing i can't figure out is that it looks like you need 12V+ going to the column to feed the signals (purple wire). I don't see a wire identified as such on the vehicle side.

ya the purple feed wire is got me stumped i think i will just have to do some trial and error! i was hoping for a pic:toothy12: unless you guys want to come over to the mountians! you can play in the 7 inches of snow!

I have it hooked up and everything works as it should.....except when i turn a blinker on it stays solid "no blinking" I checked at the flasher and I have power. I know the flasher works because when i turn the hazards on it "CLICKS" but when the hazards are on and I turn a blinker on it goes solid?
what am I doing wrong?

ididit install - broncosbybart - 12-25-2010

berg bronco Wrote:thanks guys! I tried to find a replacement plug so i could plug and play but i havent had any luck

been doing some digging. I can't find the one I used a while back. Perhaps something like this might work:

http://www.jegs.com/i/Ididit/535/3100035775/10002/-1?parentProductId=755118