The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
Installing new and used stuff soon. - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Tech (https://cb4x4.com/forum-40.html)
+--- Thread: Installing new and used stuff soon. (/thread-2610.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Installing new and used stuff soon. - BucknEB - 01-19-2011

Well I finally pulled the trigger and bought JP's old roll cage. I'm going to do some grinding, sanding and painting to clean it up and turn it black. I also called Wild Horses and ordered the Tuffy glove box. They hooked me up with the CB4x4 discount.:xyxthumbs: I was wondering if anyone knew of a "not to expensive" frame tie in kit or is it just as easy and cheaper to fabricate.Confusedcratchhe: I also need ideas on how to reposition the e-brake so that I can still use it. The daul gas tank switch location will also need some modification to retain its function. I also bought the stainless steel transmission lines from JBG to match all of my SS brake lines I got from them. Next on the the list is a possible serptine belt conversion while I fix the annoying oil leak on the front main seal.

Installing new and used stuff soon. - BucknEB - 01-19-2011

A possible Noob mistake. Should this have gone to the "Tech" section:headslap:

Installing new and used stuff soon. - chuzie - 01-19-2011

DougV76EB Wrote:A possible Noob mistake. Should this have gone to the "Tech" section:headslap:

Fixed ya!

Installing new and used stuff soon. - Mill Knob - 01-19-2011

It is always good when you have stuff that you can do to your Bronco. I love buying some of the littles things and can't wait to get it so I can put it on the Bronco. Enjoy doing the work and take lots of pictures because you know we love some pictures...

Installing new and used stuff soon. - broncosbybart - 01-20-2011

Sounds like you will have some work ahead of you. Very cool ideas. You can fab your own frame tie ins. I do have some 2" pre-bent tubes and other knick-knacks that came with a Crab cage I got, if you might be interested in any of those. You can fab up a center mounted e-brake handle. That is about the only other option I have. You are in SC, so you could get away with using a hydraulic line lock instead of a mechanical e-brake. (They don't pass inspection for being a true e-brake).

Installing new and used stuff soon. - josephitguy - 01-20-2011

That is a [SIZE="4"]BAD ASS[/SIZE] roll cage DougV76EB! :hysterical: (Inside joke, ask Chuck)

Installing new and used stuff soon. - chuzie - 01-20-2011

Def BAD ASS :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Installing new and used stuff soon. - BucknEB - 01-20-2011

Uh... inside joke? I'm hoping that joke is not getting ready to be installed inside my Bronco.Confusedcratchhe:
broncosbybart-thanks man I'll let you know about those extra parts you have. first things first I need to get the cage cleaned up and in there.
Oh and I forgot to add that Chuck scored me a intermitting wiper switch that needs to go in also.

Installing new and used stuff soon. - chuzie - 01-20-2011

All of JP's parts are top notch. You have nothing to worry about.

BTW- That wiper delay switch is a pretty tough install. I suggest you set aside a good 4 or 5 seconds of your time.

Installing new and used stuff soon. - BucknEB - 01-28-2011

The Tuffy glove box was delivered today. I've been UPS tracking it all week,LOL. It looks really well engineered and built, and it did not take much time or effort to install. This is a case where the saying "pay for what you get" applies. I went to Lowe's today and bought some grinding wheels and flapper wheels to prep the roll cage. Work is sending me on the road tomorrow (back on Friday for the party:beerSmile so it will be another week until I get to the roll cage.