The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
Soft Top problems!! - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Tech (https://cb4x4.com/forum-40.html)
+--- Thread: Soft Top problems!! (/thread-2966.html)

Pages: 1 2

Soft Top problems!! - jollygrngiant - 11-15-2011

Hey chuzie.....I think you jinxed me at the last local meeting!! THANKS!:thefinger: I come home the other day to see my rear window of the soft top looking loose. Sure enough, the stiching had deteriorated right where the back of the roof meets the back part of my soft top. Not good!! :banghead:Nothin is torn, just seperated. So, today I'm going to see of a friend of my brother-in-laws can fix it. If not, I'm off to Bent Brothers (a local upholstery shop) to get it fixed.

Soft Top problems!! - josephitguy - 11-15-2011

Take off the Carolina Broncos stickers, and tell them how much you hate Chuck! :hysterical:

Soft Top problems!! - blazinchuck - 11-15-2011

josephitguy Wrote:Take off the Carolina Broncos stickers, and tell them how much you hate Chuck! :hysterical:

ill have you know...me and jimmy are good! he's been to the house a couple times and we are getting along great!! dont go starting any chit:banghead:

Soft Top problems!! - chuzie - 11-15-2011

Just go to wal-mart and buy the uv resistant nylon thread and some sailmaker's needles. I do those small repairs all the time. Any time you need a good jinx, I will be happy to oblige!

Soft Top problems!! - jollygrngiant - 11-15-2011

Ok, well...dropped the soft top off today and the lady said she could fix it!! Yay! And even better, she can have it back to me tomorrow!! :-)

Soft Top problems!! - dixieboyz13 - 11-16-2011

I went and talked to Jimmy the other day about my soft top, gave me better prices than anybody else around for replacing the back window on my top.

Soft Top problems!! - jollygrngiant - 11-16-2011

Ok, well...got my top back today! Looks better than when it came from JBG!! It was light on my wallet too! She only charged me $20!!! I'm thinking the reason why it split was b/c the rear window was extremely tight to fasten to the tailgate. And after 7 years of charelston weather...it just gave up. She double stiched it on both sides too. (how it should be) I'm thinking about taking my boat to her to get some curtains made and maybe a vinyl winshield.

Soft Top problems!! - johnpaulgolf - 11-16-2011

jollygrngiant Wrote:Ok, well...got my top back today! Looks better than when it came from JBG!! It was light on my wallet too! She only charged me $20!!! I'm thinking the reason why it split was b/c the rear window was extremely tight to fasten to the tailgate. And after 7 years of charelston weather...it just gave up. She double stiched it on both sides too. (how it should be) I'm thinking about taking my boat to her to get some curtains made and maybe a vinyl winshield.

Brian sound great glad you got it fixed and cheap too!!!

As far as the boat goes a friend of "god-evil's" has a place in Mt. Perfect

Carolina Custom Rigging. Own this Business?
Suggest Correction
(843) 884-8665

748 King St
Mt Pleasant, SC 29464 32.7919 -79.8652

Soft Top problems!! - jollygrngiant - 11-16-2011

johnpaulgolf Wrote:Brian sound great glad you got it fixed and cheap too!!!

As far as the boat goes a friend of "god-evil's" has a place in Mt. Perfect

Carolina Custom Rigging. Own this Business?
Suggest Correction
(843) 884-8665

748 King St
Mt Pleasant, SC 29464 32.7919 -79.8652

Hey Thanks JP!! I'll definatley look into it. Prolly won't be till after the new year. Good to see you back!!:beer:

Soft Top problems!! - jollygrngiant - 11-21-2011

Well, today I finally re-installed my soft top. I've been busy since I got it back. Decided to put it in the sun today (82 degrees) gave it a good scrubbin', let it dry and managed to get all the snaps back in place. Looks like I got a little extra fabric in the "fixin". So now, (thanks to chuzie pointing out the NON sagging of my soft top before) I now have a little extra droop on the rear window. Which, I'm kinda happy about b/c it was really difficult to snap back in the winter. Now, It shouldn't be a problem. Overall, I'm pleased the way it looks! Especially for an almost 7 year old soft top (with no garage)