The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
2012 Meet and Greet ??... - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: Misc Club Info (https://cb4x4.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Club Announcements (https://cb4x4.com/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: 2012 Meet and Greet ??... (/thread-3043.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

2012 Meet and Greet ??... - blazinchuck - 01-03-2012

guess we need to start working on this...

2012 Meet and Greet ??... - SC74 - 01-03-2012

Are we still planning on Dennis Carpenter's? I'm game either way, but let's not do it the same weekend as the big show at the race track. I know Rhonda and Matt's wife were huge in organizing years past, but Rhonda sold her Bronco and Matt and his wife have moved to FL.

2012 Meet and Greet ??... - blazinchuck - 01-03-2012

yeah, that has me bummed...its been a couple years since i organized it all. they did a awesome job! i worry if its worth holding another one...

2012 Meet and Greet ??... - SC74 - 01-04-2012

Yes, they did do an awesome job organizing it from getting raffle prizes in advance to seeing it through on the event day.

I personally think that the "newness" of DC's has worn off for those of us who have been every year (or even a couple years). How many years have we been there now? I like personally like having it there b/c it's central, great facilities, great people, and a very cool tour of the facilities. DC has been more than good to us!

We all know that it is a costly trip to either drive or tow to a meeting place. Besides the Charlotte locals, most of us have a 2+ hour trip. I have seen people from upstate SC, of course the Charleston crew, Raleigh area, Asheville area, and everywhere in between.

What about the idea of doing a "group" at the big auto fair at the speedway? I don't know about the costs of this but wouldn't be hard to find out. That way there is A LOT to check out while you are there. The reason I said not to do it that weekend originally is because I'd like to walk the auto fair and will probably drive up that weekend to walk the speedway. I know that individual car passes into the track are expensive, but maybe there are "group" rates.

Just food for thought....

2012 Meet and Greet ??... - JayT - 01-04-2012

Now that would be hot... (group tent at auto fair)... Makes me giddy thinking about it.

2012 Meet and Greet ??... - blazinchuck - 01-04-2012

robert and i talked about that...it would be neat. however, if we were just there to show force and put our name out there...that would work. but to try and hoist an event,raffles,etc...i think it would be a mess. plus...ppl would have to pay to enter or park even.

sad to say...but i really think DC is our best option. im waiting to hear back from them today.so we can schedule this.

please feel free to post ideas for the event...fun stuff. dont think we are fooling with the rti this year...it seems to be a waste of time IMO

Chuck and I agree that the Auto Fair is probably not the best for what we want the M&G to be. I did call and found out that pricing was very affordable to enter as a club, but it would not be very good for the bronco people that usually come without a truck and just stop by for a few min. They would have to pay the $10 AutoFair admission and then find us. On top of that, traffic would be a disaster getting in and out.

2012 Meet and Greet ??... - Crawdad - 01-04-2012

Do you have an idea which month for this M&G?

either late March or early April. Chuck is trying to find a slot that does not interfere with any other bronco events or interfere with any other DC events.

2012 Meet and Greet ??... - broncosbybart - 01-04-2012

was actually thinking about this the other day. glad you guys are on it as well. let me know what you might need me to do up here. i can go to carpenter's or whatever. i'd like to have an event to put on the radar, as our main page still has the URE run on it...

my initial thoughts are to slim down the time frame that we are there (maybe 11am-3pm or something). I'd still like to eat afterward, as it is cool to catch up w/everyone. What would be really cool is to have this on Sat and a day of wheeling on Sun for those that want to do it... could camp at URE, crash at my place, whatever.