The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
"Nightmare" as Chuck calls it - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Tech (https://cb4x4.com/forum-40.html)
+---- Forum: Build Threads (https://cb4x4.com/forum-11.html)
+---- Thread: "Nightmare" as Chuck calls it (/thread-3138.html)

Pages: 1 2

"Nightmare" as Chuck calls it - dixieboyz13 - 04-16-2012

Figured its about time I started on of these. The name will explain itself in time, but first I figured we could start from the beginning. I found my rig on craigslist, and picked it up for $800. I couldnt resist when I went and turned the key and it fired right up. It had no brake lines from the master cylinder to proportioning valve so I was going to have to trailer it home. The body was in very rough shape, but frame and drivetrain were all in great shape. When I picked it up pretty much every removeable part was laying in the bed of the rig with no top. I cant find any pictures of the trip home, but I know I have some. The first thing I did was replace the front fenders, and find some kind of top. I managed to get a whole front clip used for cheap, and a top with the glass removed for $25. These are the earliest pics I can find.

I sanded down the top, and the whole inside while nothing was in it, and sprayed them with Rust-oleum bed coating. I then began the process of bolting everything back together inside. I know I have pictures of me driving it with no seats, but that was on old computer, trying to track it all down. I found a set of 31" swampers and began to drive it everywhere. It made the perfect hunting truck, since I didnt have to worry about beating up the body.

After driving like that for a little while, I decided that I needed more height, and bigger tires. I decided on a 2 1/2" suspension, with 2" blocks and 1" add a leaf in the rear. Here is a pic of it with the same 31's, and then again with 35's under it.

"Nightmare" as Chuck calls it - SC74 - 04-17-2012

You aren't wasting any time on it! Congrats on bringing it a long way in a short time.

"Nightmare" as Chuck calls it - Crawdad - 04-20-2012

You might have it painted by the time I get back! Wink

"Nightmare" as Chuck calls it - dixieboyz13 - 04-21-2012

Should have stated this earlier on, but I am still trying to catch this up to where the truck is. Next was to do some body work. Since I am a broke fireman, and this is a hunting rig, I decided to cut some corners on the body work. I decided not to replace the rear quarters yet, but to fiberglass over the holes. I wasnt looking for perfect, just better since I figured its only a matter of time before I bounce it off a tree. Dont really have any pics of body work, think those got lost.

Once I had the body work to where I thought it was good enough, I decided to rattle can it until I do the body work right. No point in wasting expensive car paint that might be on for less than a year. Decided to go with sunrise red. Here are some pics of the transformation. All of this was by June 2011.

I decided at this point that I wanted inserts and soft doors so that I could take them off easier. Found some inserts on classic and painted them up to match.

I then decided that I had been working way to hard and it was time to play a little bit. Went to the woods right by my house and had a little fun.

"Nightmare" as Chuck calls it - blazinchuck - 04-21-2012

funny...i didnt see any missed calls on my cell.

or text for an invite lol....looking good brad!!