The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
Ford D.U.I. Ignition - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Tech (https://cb4x4.com/forum-40.html)
+--- Thread: Ford D.U.I. Ignition (/thread-3173.html)

Pages: 1 2

Ford D.U.I. Ignition - scbronco - 06-18-2012

Looking at the DUI Distributor?ELectronic Ignition to replace my point distro... Any known glaring drawbacks? seems like a simple celan installation with one wire hook-up which i really like, also eliminates the ballast resistor...

I knwo there are cheaper ways to go about it, but i think i like the rpo's to this set-up, and just want to know if there are any cons i should be aware of...

Ford D.U.I. Ignition - nhopman - 06-18-2012

without a body lift it may hit the hood (especially the brace that runs across the hood)

If not running stock air cleaner, you have to find a fairly small aftermarket cleaner that will work.

Other than that, they work great.

Ford D.U.I. Ignition - scbronco - 06-19-2012

Thanks Nick, Just placed the order...

Ford D.U.I. Ignition - SC74 - 06-19-2012

I have one in my wife's '74 and love it. I had to modify the hood cross-member for clearance since I do not have a BL though. Other than that, very clean and has not given me any trouble for 5+ years now.

Ford D.U.I. Ignition - scbronco - 06-20-2012

SC74 Wrote:I have one in my wife's '74 and love it. I had to modify the hood cross-member for clearance since I do not have a BL though. Other than that, very clean and has not given me any trouble for 5+ years now.

Thats great to hear. i just dont wanna mess with points, and i want a clean simple install... already got a BL on it, so shouldnt have any clearance issues. i just hope i can find a decent looking aircleaner that doesnt interfere... shouldnt be too difficult, and if nothing else,ill put a snorkel fitting on the carb adn run a cone style filter or JY airbox over in front of the washer reservoir...

Ford D.U.I. Ignition - jdowns67 - 07-01-2012

I have one in mine. I did not have to mess with the hood since I do have a body lift. I run en Edelbrock performer intake and there is a spot where I had to slightly grind for clearance. Also, it covers up the temperature sending unit on my manifold. As far as performance I love it. Make sure to get the wires with it.

[Image: 347.jpg]

Ford D.U.I. Ignition - scbronco - 07-02-2012

thanks for the pic!

I placed an order with BC a couple weeks ago, and got everything i ordered but the dizzy... Called em' and they said it was shipping straight form the manufacturer, but didnt give me a tracking number... gonna call back today... ive heard some stories about poor customer service and shipping issues concerning BC, but also heard some good ones... i hope this thing gets here soon, or its gonna put a hitch in Sick Pony's Gitty-up...

Ford D.U.I. Ignition - scbronco - 07-21-2012

OK, Dizzy is here, and i am almost done with the install... i think... Haha!

I have 2 questions... First, where did you guys source your 12 volt ign on power? just curious how others went about it...

And second, how much does it matter where the vaccuum port point? i.e. dizzy body orientation? by my logic, if the rotor is where the old rotor was, and the plugs are in their original location, then you should be close for timing... i just noticerd that jdowns has his pointing forward, and mine is pointing at the drivers side wheel well... never changed or installed a dizzy before, so just wanna be sure i have everything in order...

Ford D.U.I. Ignition - SC74 - 07-22-2012

With a carb engine you can turn the dizzy however you want as long as you line the plug wires up. I would still find tdc either way and check your wiring order.

Ford D.U.I. Ignition - jdowns67 - 07-22-2012

Yea what SC74 says. By the way, I don't use my vacuum advance. I have tried both and have the best results running like this. Can't remember where I got my 12v power. I think I tapped into an un-used wire on the drivers side near the firewall that was for something related to emissions or the factory carb. If you need more detail, let me know.

JD