The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
Bronco techs in/near Raleigh? - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Tech (https://cb4x4.com/forum-40.html)
+--- Thread: Bronco techs in/near Raleigh? (/thread-3186.html)

Pages: 1 2

Bronco techs in/near Raleigh? - Mbowles - 07-28-2012

Looking to finally finishing off my 77. Looking for someone nearby who has worked on Broncos before and can rebuild or install a new transmission, as well as an EFI system. Also some additional minor engine work.

If anyone has had work done by someone and recommends please let me know. I'm willing to leave my bronco with the right person so they can work on it at their leisure.

Thanks!

Bronco techs in/near Raleigh? - Crawdad - 07-28-2012

Jdowns67, Cuz1 and Broncosbybart may chime in later. Give it a couple of days and they will respond. They are either working on their EBs or fishing! Wish I was doing one of those things! Good luck and welcome to the site!

Bronco techs in/near Raleigh? - broncosbybart - 07-28-2012

I'm in Charlotte and might consider doing some work for ya. If you want to discuss it, pm me and we can talk. I'd like to know what you are planning to do for a trans and EFI.

Bronco techs in/near Raleigh? - Mbowles - 07-31-2012

Thanks Crawdad.

BBB. May take you up on that. Was hoping to find someone closer to Raleigh but we will see. Not really sure which direction I was going to go with trans and efi. I was going to look for some input with whomever I would work with. Have heard a lot of different opinions. Really im looking to make my 77 more of a cruiser. So anything that helps improve the ride and gas is what I'm leaning towards.

Bronco techs in/near Raleigh? - jdowns67 - 08-16-2012

I was in Michigan fishing! lol seriously. Anyway, I know there is a guys in Wake Forest named Rusty who works on them. I bought my EB off him back in 2000. PM me and I'll get you his number.

No trying t be smart but have you thought about attempting it yourself? Never hurts to try.

JD

Bronco techs in/near Raleigh? - DirtyWhiteBoy - 08-16-2012

Brantley automotive in Zebulon, Give them a call Ricky has a great reputation and has built a few 4x4s , raced them and monster trucks for a while.
DWB

Bronco techs in/near Raleigh? - Mbowles - 08-16-2012

Thanks Jd, will take you up on that.

Unfortunatley I just don't have the time to do it myself , or expertise. I've got a newborn and on the road a lot, so the mrs isn't thrilled when I spend my free time in the garage.

DWB, will reach out to them as well. Thanks!

Bronco techs in/near Raleigh? - DirtyWhiteBoy - 08-18-2012

I think you will be pleased I live about 5 miles from the shop, Getting close to having mine going again. Once thats done I'll throw a pig on the grill and we can see how many Bronco owners in the area eat BBQ and beans.
DWB

Bronco techs in/near Raleigh? - DirtyWhiteBoy - 08-25-2012

I just heard that Brantley Automotive might be closing their doors. You might want to try someplace else. They are good guys but something must have happened. My guess another victim of a bad economy.
DWB

Bronco techs in/near Raleigh? - jdowns67 - 08-26-2012

Just revisiting this post. Is there a particular reason you want to go EFI? Really, unless you are going to be rock crawling or just want the EFI for the sake of saying you have EFI, I would stick with a carburetor. Much simpler. I have an Edelbrock 1406 in mine with the offroad kit and it runs great. The key is to get it tuned properly with a vacuum gauge from the beginning. Lots of times you read posts from guys who have EFI and are plagued with issues that are difficult to figure out. Since you don't have much time to work on your rig yourself, if you start having to pay someone to figure out EFI gremlins, it could get really expensive. This is just my 2 cents and I'm sure there are plenty who will disagree with me but if I were building a Bronco just to cruise around in (like me most of the time), I'd stick with a carburetor. Also, what transmission do you have and what were you wanting to go to?

JD