The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
Chevy Conversion Brake Calipers - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Tech (https://cb4x4.com/forum-40.html)
+--- Thread: Chevy Conversion Brake Calipers (/thread-3371.html)

Pages: 1 2

Chevy Conversion Brake Calipers - Jbass - 02-09-2013

Long day.... Picked up new replacement brake pads first thing this morning for 76 bronco. Took wheels off my new 72 and realized that calipers were Chevy and driver side caliper piston was seized. Ughhh
Picked up pads and new caliper for 74 blazer installed and brake line fitting was too small. Brake line that fit old caliper is 7/16 -14.... New caliper requires 7/16-20. Can someone straighten me out?

Chevy Conversion Brake Calipers - broncosbybart - 02-09-2013

Huh? Sounds like a thread pitch type thing, if both are 7/16. 7/16-20 is what I have seen (fine thread). You can buy the banjo bolts at Advance. Auto Zone might carry them as well but the guys at this one are pretty dumb, to say it nicely. They had no idea of what I was looking for. The new calipers should come with the brass crush washers. Make sure you use new ones on the install. Hope that helps.

Chevy Conversion Brake Calipers - blazinchuck - 02-09-2013

yeah should be fine thread

The 7/16-20 treads make the bolt too large to fit in existing brake line. What brake line should I replace it with? Here's a picture of the line that came off... [Image: ahy8yry4.jpg]

I would try a line for a 76-77 Bronco, or earlier Chevy, like your caliper. See how that works. How far is the bolt from fitting? Does the hole just need to be cleaned out or deburred?

No the hole is very clean... The threads are the difference in the hole size. Does the picture that I posted look familiar?

Pic of the hose? Not familiar to me, but the thread pitch shouldn't make a difference if both bolts are 7/16". Both would be the same diameter. Perhaps the coarse thread bolt is a 3/8? Not sure without physically looking at it.

Chevy Conversion Brake Calipers - chuzie - 02-09-2013

So you have a bolt that fits the caliper but not the line??? Drill out the line. I did this with my T-bird calipers to adapt them to my bronco lines. No biggie.

Chevy Conversion Brake Calipers - Jbass - 02-12-2013

Figured out the problem thanks to the guys at our hometown Napa store. Calipers and brake line are from an 88 Chevy. Problem fixed! Going to get that bad boy back on the road tomorrow!

Chevy Conversion Brake Calipers - blazinchuck - 02-15-2013

what was the issue?? congrats on fixing it!