The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
aftermarket tilt columns? also cruise control - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Talk (https://cb4x4.com/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: aftermarket tilt columns? also cruise control (/thread-3390.html)

Pages: 1 2

aftermarket tilt columns? also cruise control - blazinchuck - 02-26-2013

price is everything[Image: grin.gif]

im not interested in finding,modifying, and making one work.

im really interested in after market unit that will work...length,tube dia, and work with the cruise control lever that replace the turn signal lever.

i know there has to be something in the $300 range or less??? i dont want polished...paintable is fine.

i have a nv3550, and centech wiring...so i dont need column shift or ford connector...GM wiring is fine.

i found this after searching...but not sure if anyone used it. i also want to keep my stock ignition switch.

please help me find something....im planning to order a cruise control kit from someone very soon and i want to do both at the same time.

been looking at BC's cruise...which is why i got their throttle assembly for 5.0 ...are all cruise kits the same? will they come with the ball stud/ and pieces the attach to throttle lever?

aftermarket tilt columns? also cruise control - chuzie - 02-26-2013

I don't know squat about column options but have been doing my fair share of research on cruise control options.

Trying to adapt an OEM cruise control system from another vehicle is not worth your time.

Rostra is one of the biggest names in aftermarket cruise control and are pretty popular in the classic industry.

BC Broncos offers the Rostra universal cruise control system (RPC-250-1223) along with the control switch (RPC-250-3021) as a kit for $256.99 (add $30 for shipping). They also offer an IDIDIT aluminum cover sleeve (2501000030) for this control switch for an additional $39.00

Summit offers the same system (control switch and main unit sold individually) for $242.94 (add $11.95 for shipping) and the polished cover for $31.00.

I am a HUGE proponent of supporting our vendors but can't justify doing so at the expense of $30.

i hear ya on the cost...i just want to be sure the kit would adapt right to the new bc throttle bracket

IT IS THE SAME FRIGGIN KIT!!!! BC's drop ships it from Rostra. It is not the Rostra that adapts to BC throttle cable but rather the BC throttle cable that adapts to the Rostra universal kit.

aftermarket tilt columns? also cruise control - broncosbybart - 02-26-2013

Maybe see if BC will price match? That'd be a win/win IMHO.

Chuck, let us know what you find. I will say that I've seen some 'hot rod' style knock off's (tilt columns) for sale at the auto fair. They were cheap, but looked really cheap too. Just be careful what you get into. I once bought a HEI type distributor new off ebay and it didn't work right out of the box...

I tried the price matching; even before shipping and they couldn't even match the $10.00 in basic costs difference. Add that to the astronomical shipping costs, and it was an easy choice.

i guess what worries me...i cant find what parts come with the summit kit. on bc's site i can see the same style nut/sleeve on rostra's cable...not sure if that would come with summit or if its bc only.

best pic i can find...[ATTACH=CONFIG]7019[/ATTACH]

You bring up a good point about the mounting. I will make some calls in the morning.

Rostra on Summit

[Image: rpc-250-1223.jpg]

BC / Rostra

[Image: CC%20CUT%20WEB.jpg]

[Image: cc%20cable%20and%20bracket%20cut%20web.jpg]

BC EFI Throttle Setup

[Image: efi-t-cable-installed_sb2.jpg]

aftermarket tilt columns? also cruise control - blazinchuck - 02-27-2013

yeah, thats what im talking bout...i bet bc's kit comes with what you see on his throttle body...not sure would come with summits. all you see is a bare cable end

aftermarket tilt columns? also cruise control - blazinchuck - 02-28-2013

as for columns...heres a few choices

JBG- http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-17092-mild-steel-tilt-column-no-shifter-power-66-77.html

looks like a drop in, comes complete...just need a GM to Grant wheel adapter. cant use stock ford steering wheel with this column. i already have a grant wheel. column would need painting.

Duff's-http://www.dufftuff.com/Flaming_River_Tilt_Steering_Column_Floor_Shift_p/3240.htm

great looks(stainless), not so easy drop in...these come as a 1" double D output,3/4" double D, and they might be able to get spline (like stock)...the 1st two output options require a U joint and maybe slip shaft!...i know they want the business, but may not be able to save enough and make it a simple swap.

Cruises control...going with a Rostra, universal...probably from summit.

if anyone has any more thoughts on columns that swap in nicely with tilt...post up...other wise, ill probably go JBG