The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
OFFICIAL 2014 Carolina Broncos HELL WEEK event page - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: Misc Club Info (https://cb4x4.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Wheeling Events (https://cb4x4.com/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: OFFICIAL 2014 Carolina Broncos HELL WEEK event page (/thread-3435.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

OFFICIAL 2014 Carolina Broncos HELL WEEK event page - chuzie - 04-18-2013

[Image: welcome.jpg]

Below you will find information regarding HELL WEEK scheduled for 12-18 April 2014.

[Image: hellweek.jpg]

HELL WEEK is a quasi-UA type event. Our vehicle requirements and rules have been adapted from UA to provide a unique Bronco experience second to none.

VEHICLE and DRIVER REQUIREMENTS (no exceptions):

Adequate recovery tow hooks and/or shackle/clevis attachment points front and rear
Valid driver's license, current registration, current proof of insurance, and street legal
Must be self-sufficient (bring your own spare parts, fluids, tools, food and water)
Road worthy + capable of 60mph (sustained) w/ fuel range of at least 150 miles
Winch accessory kit (tree saver, snatch block, clevis, chain, gloves)
33-inch minimum tire size and adequate spare tire
Snatch strap/recovery rope-without metal hooks
Fire extinguisher mounted in reach of occupants
Functional parking brake (line locks okay)
Front mounted winch w/ controller
Adequate jack and jack points
Rollbar (rollcage preferred)
Front and rear axle lockers
Seatbelts for all occupants
Secure battery hold-down
First-aid kit
CB radio

RULES (no exceptions):

Have fun
Be safe
Don't die

and...

NO HAULER TRAILERS. YOU MUST DRIVE YOUR JUNK! A hauler may be used to get to a repair facility or to preposition vehicle at RALLY or depart with vehicle at FINISH. Utility trailers are okay.

Most of us are not familiar with these parks so this will surely be a new adventure. Due to the compressed itinerary and nature of this event, we will be transiting some parks at an accelerated pace. Unfamiliar territory coupled with a sense of urgency certainly increases the difficulty of the challenge and will require the group to maintain "formation integrity." That means, on some rides, we expect the group to stay together and do as directed to expedite the event.

We intend to acquire a dedicated trail guide at each park to help us navigate the best trails and ensure our extreme experience is not diluted with perpetual "reinventing of the wheel" scenarios.

ITINERARY:

Sat
0900 - Meet in Greenville, SC
0930 - Travel to Beasley Knob, GA (115 mi + 2.5 hours)
1200 - Wheel Beasley Knob
1800 - Travel to Morris Mountain, AL (200 mi + 3 hours)
2100 - Arrive Morris Mountain

Sun
0800 - Wheel Morris Mountain

Mon
1000 - Travel to James Duff (255 mi + 4.5 hours)
1430 - Tour James Duff
1630 - Travel to Windrock (25 mi + 45 min)
1715 - Wheel Windrock

Tue
0800 - Wheel Windrock

Wed
1000 - Travel to Sand Mines (30 mi + 1 hour)
1100 - Wheel Sand Mines
1700 - Travel to Black Mountain (100 mi + 2 hours)
1900 - Wheel Black Mountain

Thr
0800 - Wheel Black Mountain
2000 - Last Supper + Awards + Celebration + Recovery

Fri
1000 - Survivor(s) depart

All parks are within 20 minutes of towns that have no less than 4 auto parts retailers and a Wal-Mart.

Click HERE for a fully interactive map with additional location information.

[Image: hellweek2.jpg]

The last two nights of the event will be lodged in a cabin at the Harlan County Campground. Those who survive long enough to experience this luxury will not be disappointed. Plan to celebrate an awesome week and see who will be awarded the first " HELL WEEK Survivor Trophy." This trophy will be awarded to the individual(s) who, in the face of extreme adversity, continued to endure HELL WEEK and persevere to the end no matter the cost or sacrifice.

Click HERE to see the cabin.

BASIC PARK INFO:

[Image: hellweek-1.jpg]

COST$$$:

A non-refundable registration fee of $200 must be received no later than 1 October 2013 to secure your place on the HELL WEEK roster. You may submit payment via PayPal (link below) or contact the club via THIS link to coordinate alternative payment means.

As of now, $175 will be returned to you 1 week after your completion of HELL WEEK. This is necessary to separate the men from the boys and who is truly serious about participating. We are still trying to determine is funding a tow vehicle is preferable and if using a portion of the registration funds will be used for such coverage.

There will be no exceptions to this policy and no refunds issued. Your payment for registration indicates your understanding of the rules and policies regarding HELL WEEK.
<form action="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr" method="post" target="_top">
<input name="cmd" value="_s-xclick" type="hidden">
<input name="hosted_button_id" value="W628TU4T524V2" type="hidden">
<input src="https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/i/btn/btn_paynowCC_LG.gif" name="submit" alt="PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!" border="0" type="image">
[Image: pixel.gif]
</form>

[SIZE=5]Current HELL WEEK Roster (reg fee paid):
--------------------------------------------------
Michael Chuzie 22-July-2013
[/SIZE]

Qualified participants will be selected on a first come first served basis. Ultimate decision authority will rest with the club president.

Any swapping of registered participants must be cleared through the club president.

Estimated additional expenses $1,000:
Fuel-$500
Food-$175/person
Misc-$100
Park Fees-$100
Lodging / Camping- $125

Extra cash is encouraged to cover parts needs.

We look forward to making the first Carolina Broncos HELL WEEK an event to remember and hope to see it become a recurring experience for years to come.

[Image: seeu.jpg]

ATTACHMENTS

OFFICIAL 2014 Carolina Broncos HELL WEEK event page - scbronco - 04-19-2013

I volunteer my services as Spotter/co-driver for whoever will take me, and am willing to foot 50% of park fees and fuel expenses, as well as my own food needs... I WANT IN!!!

Handy with a wrench and open fire cookin'!

:drinkbud::beer::xyxthumbs:

OFFICIAL 2014 Carolina Broncos HELL WEEK event page - blazinchuck - 04-19-2013

scbronco Wrote:I volunteer my services as Spotter/co-driver for whoever will take me, and am willing to foot 50% of park fees and fuel expenses, as well as my own food needs... I WANT IN!!!

Handy with a wrench and open fire cookin'!

:drinkbud::beer::xyxthumbs:
SOLD! lol

good job chuzie...putting this all together. i know you been working on this going on 2 months....i appreciate it. my only reserve....going 255 miles to see duffs?? i thought it was a "we're going near them and will stop in" that sound smore like a URE ride to see them...am i missing something?

OFFICIAL 2014 Carolina Broncos HELL WEEK event page - chuzie - 04-19-2013

It is a "we're going near them" deal. Windrock is our destination after Morris Mountain and Duff's is right down the street. I think hitting up Duff's is a great opportunity to pick up whatever heavy items that may otherwise be cost prohibitive for shipping reasons; bumper, rock skis, etc. Also, I am looking to have someone from Duff's be our trail guide @ Windrock!

Anyway, I don't know how you are giving away your spare seat seeing as you don't even qualify for Hell Week. When you get a real locker in the rear and fix that paper weight in the front, let us know! :thefinger:

OFFICIAL 2014 Carolina Broncos HELL WEEK event page - broncomatt - 04-19-2013

Not sure who does meet the rules of this one (other than roberts narrowed eb), I run a detroit out back and a powerlock up front. Its way to far out for me to say whether or not I can make it or not. I have already wheeled in every place from URE too Coal Creek off road. I am sure I can make all of the trails in mind. I know Suzy will provide great trail support and anything else we could need for the event.
The big problem with this event is the expence, lots of loops that avoid dirt roads to hit the major trails. Its possible to do this kind of event and time it right with other group meetings. I like the premis, just not sure how many can afford to do it.

OFFICIAL 2014 Carolina Broncos HELL WEEK event page - chuzie - 04-19-2013

If your rig is mostly prepared to meet the minimum requirements, saving up for the event should be feasible. We easily spend 3 times this amount in a year on parts and upgrades.

We are talking approximately $1,200 or $100 / month for the next year. Hell, I am living on 40% of what I used to make (damn federal budgeting bull$hit!) and I will gladly give up one of my luxuries to save for this opportunity.

Maybe it's time to sell off some spare parts in the garage. Let's get it on!!!

OFFICIAL 2014 Carolina Broncos HELL WEEK event page - Bronco Biff - 04-19-2013

Your killin' me with the date. 4-12-2014 is like 4-13-2012 this year.......a week too late for me, I'll be balled up til June!!

OFFICIAL 2014 Carolina Broncos HELL WEEK event page - Bronco Biff - 04-19-2013

Your killin' me with the date. 4-12-2014 is like 4-13-2012 this year.......a week too late for me, I'll be balled up til June!!:banghead:

OFFICIAL 2014 Carolina Broncos HELL WEEK event page - scbronco - 04-20-2013

I'm in with ya chuck! I thought your it met all he qualitications, but if not we'll get it there.

OFFICIAL 2014 Carolina Broncos HELL WEEK event page - Timstrk - 04-20-2013

I'm not ready yet. I don't own a CB. Working on it. Otherwise the list is a walk.