The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
Manual brake push rod??? - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Tech (https://cb4x4.com/forum-40.html)
+--- Thread: Manual brake push rod??? (/thread-3465.html)

Pages: 1 2

Manual brake push rod??? - chuzie - 05-28-2013

Is there a difference in the 76-77 manual brake pushrod vs other years?

I am thinking about converting my '77 from power brakes to manual and need to figure out what parts I need.

So far I have a manual pushrod but it is from an pre-76 model.

What else do I need?

Manual brake push rod??? - Casey835 - 05-29-2013

When I did my man four wheel disk kit from BC I used long ush rod and a bullet shaped pill that I had to grind down to make fit just right. I've got an extra one I can get a pic of if needed.

There's no trash in my trailer!

Manual brake push rod??? - chuzie - 05-29-2013

Please send it

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

Manual brake push rod??? - Casey835 - 05-30-2013

hereis the pill I had to grind down, but that could depend on your MC I guess . The push rod is the 8 5/8 because I tried the 7" it would not work at all

Manual brake push rod??? - Casey835 - 05-30-2013

The one in the pic is not the one I grind down but a spare like it it's prob half that-its a fit and test type of thing, I've got the MC that BC sells

Manual brake push rod??? - broncomatt - 05-30-2013

This is a pic of a stock 4 wheel drum rod, the disk brake rods should be different but only in the length. Since your rid is incorrect you can weld a sleeve on one end and put some set screws on the other end. Once you have it correct weld it in place. The rods were often different if it had front disk, 4 wheel disk or 4 wheel drum. Some times the ball size can be different too. In that case you need the correct size one for your master. Hope that helps.

Manual brake push rod??? - chuzie - 05-31-2013

That looks like the rod I have. Thanks for the info guys. The conclusion I have made is there is no bolt on 4 wheel disc manual MC solution when it comes to push rod. It is gonna take some fab one way or the other.

Manual brake push rod??? - blazinchuck - 05-31-2013

ones power ones manual....lmao couldnt resist lol

Manual brake push rod??? - chuzie - 06-01-2013

LMAO....I don't get it. Maybe its because I'm sober. Give me a few hours and I will try again.

Manual brake push rod??? - broncomatt - 06-01-2013

Nearly all rods like this are different, Some work when swapping out masters. The best way is to have several to chose from. Or you can make an adjustable one that you know will sit properly in the master. The master cyl will often have a dimple in the back where the rod sits. Some sit lower some just rest on the top. I honestly don't remember which rod I used in my swap. When I pull it down I will have to measure it.