The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
Craigslist Find!!! - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Talk (https://cb4x4.com/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: Craigslist Find!!! (/thread-3479.html)

Pages: 1 2

Craigslist Find!!! - broncosbybart - 06-30-2013

So, as some of you might already know, I have a craigslist addiction. I can be found perusing the cars/trucks daily for anything of interest. The other day I typed in 'Bronco' for the heck of it. The usual suspects popped up from junk to not-so-junk. One did catch my eye. It was a week old, had no price, and just said 73 Bronco.

I opened up the ad and immediately recognized the truck. No number was given and the description was minimal. I emailed right away to ask how long the truck was owned for and how they got it. After many hours I received a response saying that the truck was in the family for 'several years'. I responded saying that I knew the owner and was curious to see why it was for sale.

For those that might not know, this was Skip Yule's pride and joy. He had just finished repainting it (which threw me off for a second until I looked at the front bumper in the picture on the ad). He was in the process of refinishing the hard top but didn't get very far with it.

After discussing a few things with Skip's son Bill, he said that they were going to be moving and needed to sell it. I arranged to purchase it and pick it up the next evening (this past Thursday). We somehow managed to avoid the rain drops and load it up. Next came the 'quick' trip over to Skip's old house to pick up some parts... After several hours we were ready to come home with everything loaded up. There wasn't a ton of stuff that we brought home, but there was a lot of looking through things to find Bronco stuff. He was like my dad in the respect that he 'collected' things.

Craigslist Find!!! - Crawdad - 07-01-2013

Great find Charles!

Craigslist Find!!! - chuzie - 07-01-2013

Okay damnit!! How much did you pay for it!!!

Craigslist Find!!! - Crawdad - 07-01-2013

Dibs on the air cleaner if you decide to part with it and put efi in it! Wink

Craigslist Find!!! - JayT - 07-01-2013

WOW! Makes me sad, and yet happy at the same time. Glad to see Skip's ride in the right home!

Craigslist Find!!! - broncosbybart - 07-01-2013

Trade you the air cleaner for a set of fenders Crawdad Smile

Thanks guys!

Craigslist Find!!! - blazinchuck - 07-01-2013

nice...i see he installed the valve covers he got from me

Craigslist Find!!! - broncosbybart - 07-01-2013

Were those yours? They are nice!

I found a CB4x4 card with Aaron's info on it. It doesn't seem like that all happened very long ago. Kinda feels weird.

Don't be too jealous chuzie. I gave him more for it than I'd give you for yours Big Grin

Craigslist Find!!! - chuzie - 07-02-2013

[Image: ujy7eryz.jpg]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Craigslist Find!!! - BucknEB - 07-02-2013

That's awesome Bart! Congratulations on another great CL find. What is your plan for this one? Are you going to keep it for a while? Maybe do some Mods and flip it? I remember meeting Skip a couple years back at the Meet n Greet, nice guy. I'm glad you were able to get it and help the family out.