The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
Help wanted: January URE workday - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: Misc Club Info (https://cb4x4.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Club Announcements (https://cb4x4.com/forum-14.html)
+--- Thread: Help wanted: January URE workday (/thread-3572.html)

Pages: 1 2

Help wanted: January URE workday - broncosbybart - 01-10-2014

Hey all, happy new year!

Along with the new year comes more opportunities to help promote our club. The Sat of Jan 25 we have the opportunity to work on our adopted trail during the seasonal closure. The plan is to fill more rock in the creek crossings and to survey the trail for other repairs that might be needed.

Please post up if you can make it. Meeting time will be 8:45am at the Eldorado Outpost. Snappy from NC4x4 will be providing a killer lunch. Don't miss it!

Help wanted: January URE workday - broncosbybart - 01-10-2014

I just got this response from the CORE president:

No, we don't have any plans to attend right now. I have my jeep apart right now anyways.

We got the trail agreement from Terry. We are having a meeting Monday and are going to vote on whether to remain in the adopt a trail program or if we are going to just volunteer at workdays through the year. They want 4 workdays a year, and we haven't been doing that. We have a run every month and it is a lot to do that and get a group together to go out to uwharrie 4 times a year. There are other ways we can support UNF other than adopting Dutch John also.

I will push the January workday at the meeting Monday. If anybody says they can go I will let you know.

Help wanted: January URE workday - broncosbybart - 01-11-2014

Has anyone here seen the agreement for 2014 yet? If we are given a copy there, is anyone willing to commit to making 4 Saturdays this year? You don't have to be there 4 times really, but our club needs to be represented 4 times. I am willing to commit to 4 weekends. Anyone else?

Help wanted: January URE workday - nhopman - 01-13-2014

Let me say maybe. I will know for sure early next week. Really looking foward to moving more rock.

Nick

Help wanted: January URE workday - broncosbybart - 01-13-2014

Sounds good. I'm planning on it. I might have to drive the Heep. Snappy has a small trailer that I can hook up to to move some rock with.

One thing he wanted to do it GPS the trail and take pictures and locations for areas that might need other work. I think he has one to use, but I've never used one. That is the extent of our workload.

Help wanted: January URE workday - BucknEB - 01-16-2014

Thanks for the volunteer support Bart! I'm definitely out for this month because I'm up here in DC through February. My work travel schedule will obviously dictate my availability but I will be planning on making another work day or two this year.

Help wanted: January URE workday - broncosbybart - 01-16-2014

This is the email I got from Terry:

Hi Everyone – I hope you all had a great holiday season. Next Saturday, January 25th will be our first winter work day & Snappy & I have been trying to get things lined up. Here are the plans for the day.

We’ll meet at Uwharrie Hunt Camp at 9 am & get everyone signed in & determine which groups will do what. Here are the projects we’ll try to tackle.

a. Guardrail installation to block illegal trails on Daniel Trail where people are driving over to the horse trails and making illegal bypasses off the trail.
b. Fill in mud hole on Daniel Trail and armor it with rock.
c. Take out some of the log / corduroy crossings on Dutch John Trail and replace them with rock armoring. Rock to be gathered along the trail where Terry’s gotten clearance from archaeologist. I’ll have the area flagged & marked for the “quarry” site we can use.
d. Chainsaw crew to ride trails and buck up logs and clear back branches hanging over trails if we have chainsaw certified people at the work day.
e. Guardrail installation on Falls Dam Trail where illegal ATV trails have been created (if we have enough folks & working augers).

Snappy said to plan on Brunswick Stew at 3 pm at the Dutch John Trailhead (aka Double Parking Lot). Make sure to bring water and snacks or a small lunch if you’re like me and can’t wait to 3 to eat something. If you haven’t sent me you Adopt-a-Trail Agreements, Volunteer Forms & Club Rosters please bring them on the 25th if you can. I’ll have some signed ones with me to give back to the clubs that have sent them into me already.

Please bring work gloves, work boots, be dressed for the weather. Also, bring ratchet sets, wrenches, shovels, rock bars, sledge hammers, cables , chains & clamps etc. to haul the guardrail into place and bring the usual assortment of tools. If anyone with a tractor & auger is coming up please let Snappy & I know. Snappy – let me know if you’ve got another auger let me know.

Thanks a lot everyone. We’ll see you on January 25th!

Bye - Terry

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Help wanted: January URE workday - broncosbybart - 01-19-2014

I spoke with Clay today. He is going. Anyone else? I plan to be at the outpost by 8:45am

Help wanted: January URE workday - blazinchuck - 01-20-2014

i wish i could, not sure i well i would be taking care of this knee

Help wanted: January URE workday - broncosbybart - 01-20-2014

I hear that. Getting old sucks...

We will let you sit this one out, but you'll pull double duty on the next one. :xyxthumbs: