The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
Let's talk about the CB spring event! - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: Misc Club Info (https://cb4x4.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Wheeling Events (https://cb4x4.com/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Let's talk about the CB spring event! (/thread-3724.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Let's talk about the CB spring event! - chuzie - 01-09-2015

It is that time of year folks. Let's start a dialogue and determine what we are going to do for the CB spring event this year.

Hours of deliberations with the Charleston crew have resulted in replacing the Meet and Greet event with a trail run. There are many reasons for this decision which was a difficult decision to make. Ultimately, it is geared toward what, we feel, the majority of the active population on this forum is interested in doing...wheeling.

Important dates to consider:
1 April URE opens
5 April Easter
11-12 April URE Jamboree
16-18 April Super Celebration
10 May Mother's Day

We are in the early planning stages and would like input from everyone. Please take a moment to participate in the poll and feel free to post comments, concerns and suggestions. Working together as a group to develop a rock solid plan will be key to making this modified event a success.

Consider the possibility of participating in the Super Celebration (Townsend, TN) on Thursday and Friday, heading 2 hours down to Tellico (Murphy, NC) Friday evening, and spending the weekend wheeling.

CB4x4 will utilize URE for the NovRun into the foreseeable future. Let's consider exploring some new territory as a group.

Please vote in the poll above.

Tellico (17-19 April)

Tellico (1-3 May)

Uwharrie (17-19 April)

Uwharrie (1-3 May)

Other (Please specify your suggestion in a post below)

Let's talk about the CB spring event! - snipes243 - 01-09-2015

Sounds good a new place would be cool. As for dates if we end up at ure the spring jamboree is on the 11th April fyi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's talk about the CB spring event! - chuzie - 01-09-2015

I didn't realize the poll was not visible on Tapatalk. I will transcribe the options to the original post so they are visible, but please be sure to get online at your earliest opportunity to vote.

Sent from my GS3 on Cyanogenmod with the older / better version of Tapatalk!

Let's talk about the CB spring event! - scbronco - 01-09-2015

I haven't voted yet, but just want to state that I loved tellico and will be going back often. That said IF river rock is an option that will be my vote.

Chuck has stated tho that river Rockne a HUGE IF.

Hopefully he can make contact and open it as a legitimate option.

Let's talk about the CB spring event! - scbronco - 01-09-2015

Also there are some East Tennessee options that are within the same time radius as tellico.

Let's talk about the CB spring event! - wepuckett - 01-09-2015

I would recomend we try not to force people to choose between Super Celebration and a ride event as then you will split the group and less people show. I enjoyed Uwharrie but Telico would be nice as the wife is from Murphy and would love to visit there as she hasn't been back in years and would give me an excuse for a 2nd event so close to super celebration. Although having the dates so close to super celbration may affect things as well. There are several on Classic that are looking to put together a meat and great in May for Raleigh people maybe you can get some of them or all of them to drive down late May and have 3 different events for people to choose from.

Which event I go to really ends up when I get the bronco drivable and what it takes out of me to finish it up.

Let's talk about the CB spring event! - broncosbybart - 01-10-2015

Chuzie, thanks for posting this. Was actually thinking about it today.

Are we not doing a meet and greet anymore? I know we talked about not doing it at the Nov run. I am of the opinion that the meet and greet is a good event for people that don't wheel and still are affiliated with the club. I still like the idea of hanging out for a few hours.

As for the above poll-

I will probably be going to the super cel this year.

I'd be up for wheeling whereever. That said, if we could get the chance to ride river rock, my vote is for that as it is closed and would probably be something we could never do again.

Let's talk about the CB spring event! - blazinchuck - 01-10-2015

there are a lot of things that have been considered. the meet and greet has been nice, but im tired of the pickiness of those "that attend or consider attending"...i feel like some of those that show for DC just cared about free vendor items...constantly asking when drawing will be-cuz they are ready to leave. if they had it their way....drawing would be one hr after tickets were sold. so we move the event to the jamboree and now only the locals want to show up. those that went to DC refused to drive an extra 40 mins to the jamboree. Ive always put the club ahead of myself or my locals. events always been in NC cuz i felt it would be easier on those in that area. i always that to drive 5hrs, haul everything, and set up...i feel if we stated no vendor items, we would have maybe 15 ppl(maybe 5 rigs) show up to shake hands and meet. whatever happened to just meeting up and hanging out?

as for river rock....we are a long way from contacting Steve and even talking with him about a weekend event there. as for the club, this Nov should be our 10th anniversary!!! i would just love to see an out pour of members just wanting to meet up, hang out, wheel, or whatever...dinner or something. i know my attendance has been almost nothing as of lately, but all i really see on here anymore is maybe 10 ppl....and maybe half of that even talking. possible 700 members and thats all we get.id like to see the club continue. my goal in the very beginning was 10 yrs. im very proud of that achievement. unfortunately ive falling out of love with DC, and the trouble i run into with the vendors for making an event like meet/greet happen. maybe a wrench in roast/turn and burn, whatever would be an option again. as for the jamboree...it was a great place, but it really was a "jeep" event...so i say the heck with that again. hopefully i can get intouch with Steve soon...ill keep yall posted.

Let's talk about the CB spring event! - scbronco - 01-11-2015

I ho

Let's talk about the CB spring event! - scbronco - 01-11-2015

Ignore previous. Stupid phone.
Anyway, I hope to become more involve in events this year and I think it would be nice to do quarterly wheeling trips.

Also, with the hassle of dealing with vendors I was thinking it might be cool to offer a free paid membership to folks who are willing to fabricate a part for raffle at an event; like maybe a bumper or rock skis or something. The part would be donated to the cause and we could limit the number of "wins" in a raffle to just a couple cool peices. Then the comaraderie would be there without the vendor hassle.

Just a thought.