The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
death wobble - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Tech (https://cb4x4.com/forum-40.html)
+--- Thread: death wobble (/thread-3797.html)

Pages: 1 2

death wobble - firefighter2134 - 07-11-2015

I had this a couple years ago and found it to be all of my radius arm bushings and track bar bushings to be wore out. All of those along with a new drag link have been installed. My last trip to ure I had no issues but when I went to move back in March I drove my bronco about 2 miles down the road to my uncles house it had violent death wobble at about 40 mph. Nothings changed since the ure trip everything feels tight and can't find any movement t on anything. Can the tires cause this? Thinking about swapping over to him joint steering if needed just wanna get it back on the road

death wobble - chuzie - 07-12-2015

Tire pressure can induce it as well. That is the only thing that could have changed by sitting. Your caster is also a factor but not likely in this situation if it rode fine before. Air up to 30+ and see what happens.

Btw- great hearing from you. Stop by more often!

Sent from my GS3 on Cyanogenmod with the older / better version of Tapatalk!

death wobble - firefighter2134 - 08-22-2015

Could a bad steering box cause this? I have double checked everything. It's all tight except I have play is in steering wheel

death wobble - chuzie - 08-22-2015

How much play? Quantify in degrees from engagement to engagement

Found bolts in steering box not super tight tightened those up now movement is in drag link at pitman arm. Bolts weren't sloppy loose but was allowing box to roll slightly. I'm trying to eliminate everything else before replacing steering box

Drag link moving in pitman arm. Now gotta figure out which is bad. I just replaced the drag link before my last trip to ure couple yrs ago

death wobble - chuzie - 08-22-2015

Guess that narrows it down. Is your frame reinforced to prevent crushing and loosening of the box bolts?

death wobble - firefighter2134 - 08-25-2015

I talked to chuck on the phone the other day to try to get a few options on this and been on the phone with duff waiting on a return call. So I also called wild horses and it seems that everything is in spec of where it should be. So now I am at a stand still don't know what to do from here.

death wobble - chuzie - 08-25-2015

Did you ever try increasing tire pressure?

death wobble - firefighter2134 - 08-25-2015

I bought new tires but noticed play in the pitman arm so I wanted to address that before hitting the highway