The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
C- Wedge bushings - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Tech (https://cb4x4.com/forum-40.html)
+--- Thread: C- Wedge bushings (/thread-3808.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

C- Wedge bushings - snipes243 - 08-10-2015

SO I want to see what everyone is running for C-wedge bushings with Duff long Arms?

C- Wedge bushings - broncosbybart - 08-10-2015

IIRC, you have 4.5" coil springs. I would think the most you could get away with is 4 degree. I had to use 4 degree bushings with a 3.5" spring. A 7 degree bushing caused front drive shaft binding.

Are you looking for more caster?

broncosbybart Wrote:IIRC, you have 4.5" coil springs. I would think the most you could get away with is 4 degree. I had to use 4 degree bushings with a 3.5" spring. A 7 degree bushing caused front drive shaft binding.

Are you looking for more caster?

I was looking at replacing my current bushings with some new ones and I wasn't sure what to go with. Still fighting a random death wobble, so I figured more castor couldn't be bad,but I also don't want to bind the drive shaft.

Just cut and turn the outer C's. Smile

broncosbybart Wrote:Just cut and turn the outer C's. Smile

If I drop it off at your house do you think you have it done by friday?Confusedupergrin:Confusedupergrin:

Anything is possible but I don't think you can afford it. Smile

C- Wedge bushings - chuzie - 08-10-2015

Wish i knew but the bronco is in chs and im back in tpa. Whatever came stock with the duffs arms for 5.5 lift.

My caster is at 4.2.

What are you sitting at?

Sent from my GS3 on Cyanogenmod with the older / better version of Tapatalk!

C- Wedge bushings - snipes243 - 08-11-2015

chuzie Wrote:Wish i knew but the bronco is in chs and im back in tpa. Whatever came stock with the duffs arms for 5.5 lift.

My caster is at 4.2.

What are you sitting at?

My rough measurement was about 3. When I put the long arms in the bushings were wore, so I had to make an educated guess on what orientation to put them in. Its been bugging me so I gonna change them out for new ones. Once I get them in, i'm going to take it over and have the alignment checked. I ordered a set of 4degee bushings so we will see how they work.

C- Wedge bushings - chuzie - 08-11-2015

Ugh. Nightmare. More caster = more stable. Camber helps depending on road conditions. Let us know what numbers they come up with on the rack.

How are your steering components looking?

Loose steering box at frame
Worn tie rod ends
Worn ball joints
Worn drag link end
Worn / loose track bar bushings
Your shocks better not be worn!

Have you had a friendly elf hop behind the wheel and actuate the wheel so you can get a good look at what is going on under there?

C- Wedge bushings - snipes243 - 08-11-2015

chuzie Wrote:Ugh. Nightmare. More caster = more stable. Camber helps depending on road conditions. Let us know what numbers they come up with on the rack.

How are your steering components looking?

Loose steering box at frame
Worn tie rod ends
Worn ball joints
Worn drag link end
Worn / loose track bar bushings
Your shocks better not be worn!

Have you had a friendly elf hop behind the wheel and actuate the wheel so you can get a good look at what is going on under there?

The good
Steering box is new and tight
All the heims are good on the linkage
New bushings in the track bar, but ordered another set just in case
Ball joints are tight
Shocks are great
Also installed some camber shims, so the camber is looking a lot better.

The bad
The upper track bar bolt hole is a little out of round which I think maybe my problem. Its tight and doesn't move when my elf moves the wheel in the garage, but im not convinced that it doesn't moves when load is applied to it on the road.
Going to look at it tonight, I think I'm going to order these weld washer, once I figure out what size I need.
http://www.ruffstuffspecialties.com/catalog/FIXIT.htm

Anything else I should check?