The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
Durhamtown telico closing - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Talk (https://cb4x4.com/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: Durhamtown telico closing (/thread-3841.html)

Pages: 1 2

Durhamtown telico closing - snipes243 - 08-27-2015

So according to there Facebook page Durhamtown telico is closing.

"Thanks to the Division of Minerals ,Energy and Land Rersources,
Durhamtown Tellico will close on Sept 8 permanently They are declaring the Timber cutting on the property is for the sole purpose of building atv trails. Therefore we must comply by commercial development standards. Permits and paper work will excede $350,000 or I can fight them in Federal Court. This is our government still controlling our private property rights. I am sadden to announce this for I have spent over $250,000 and operated in a professional standard of land preservation. 2 govt agencies agree with me buy the 3rd wants the ultimate motive.
Timber cutting has been part of this property for over 100 years"

Durhamtown telico closing - broncomatt - 08-27-2015

That's the second time a place like that in that area is closed. Soon the only place left to drive off road will be in our own back yards. If they let us!

Durhamtown telico closing - snipes243 - 08-27-2015

Yeah seems like the area doesn't like development or business.

Durhamtown telico closing - broncosbybart - 08-27-2015

Well that sucks. I really hate it for the campground too.

Durhamtown telico closing - scbronco - 08-27-2015

well $hit

Durhamtown telico closing - wepuckett - 08-27-2015

Sorry to see it go so fast maybe once they close they can sell the timber off the land and then reopen with the understanding they won't cut any more tree's unless it is a safety issue. Was actually thinking this would be a good trip for those that are not huge on trails that focus more on restoration or custom mod but find a campground on the lake for the evening time, it might of been an opertunity to branch out to a different group of bronco owners we are not as open to currently.

Durhamtown telico closing - Broncitis - 08-27-2015

I really enjoyed that spring trip up there, even with my alternator troubles. Would have enjoyed a return trip at some point. I guess all the Beauracrats that work for the Government have to find something to attack to justify there paychecks.

Durhamtown telico closing - chuzie - 08-28-2015

It all boils down to special interest groups who have obscene amounts of money to direct lobbyists to pressure various gov't agencies and lawmakers. Murphy has a big enemy behind the veil that is our overreaching gov't. Unfortunately, this enemy is too cowardly to make their identity known.

Sent from my GS3 on Cyanogenmod with the older / better version of Tapatalk!

Durhamtown telico closing - scbronco - 08-28-2015

Sad-sad day... wonder what the division of minerals, energy and land resources is gonna gain form the move...

Durhamtown telico closing - Bronco Biff - 08-28-2015

Damn!! Now I'm even more happy I made that LONG ride out and back for the M&G so that I got the chance to experience it at least a little!!