The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
Parking brake - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Tech (https://cb4x4.com/forum-40.html)
+--- Thread: Parking brake (/thread-3880.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Parking brake - snipes243 - 11-19-2015

Chuzie can you please enlighten us on your fancy hydraulic parking brake. I really need to get one.

Parking brake - broncomatt - 11-19-2015

Brand name is Lever-loc, They are used in tow trucks. New they can be bought from AWDirect, but a better choice is ebay. The old style have a switch internal that can be used to light a indicator lamp. The new style does not. I prefer them over the Line lock since if you lose power the line lock fails. I put a guage on mine so I would know how much pressure I have in the system. I have left it over night and only dropped 800 down to 600psi. The highest I ever held in the system when winching was 1200psi. Not really needed.
I originally put one on the front and on the rear. But I found my self only using the front one. Once the fronts are locked if its in 4wd your not going to move the rears.

Parking brake - broncomatt - 11-19-2015

Oh, I should say they can be used on drum brakes but its not hard to over power the drums and burn up the shoe's (ask me how I know).
So I would recommend putting them on an axle with disk brakes.

Parking brake - snipes243 - 11-19-2015

2 questions do have depress the brake pad and then flip the line lock lever, can you just flip the line lock lever to lock the wheels? Second why the fronts and not the rears mat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parking brake - nhopman - 11-19-2015

You put them on the front for really cool burn outs :thefinger:
for use as a temporary parking brake application I would put them on the rear

I believe most of the in-line lever/button locks work by applying the brake and flipping the lever.

You can also get a "drift or cutting brake" that has it's own small brake cylinder. These you can just pull the lever and most will have a way to lock in place with the brakes on.

Nick

Parking brake - broncosbybart - 11-20-2015

I am setting a line lock up on the piggy using the front brakes also. There is more weight on the nose and the front calipers should always be bigger than the rears and have more bias, offering more power.

I looked into the lever lock but they were around $250 from Mico!

Oh, and what Nick said. Big smokey coal Rollin diesel burnouts. Gotta put a stack on her and some dodge flip out mirrors. Yeah...

Parking brake - snipes243 - 11-20-2015

broncosbybart Wrote:I am setting a line lock up on the piggy using the front brakes also. There is more weight on the nose and the front calipers should always be bigger than the rears and have more bias, offering more power.

I looked into the lever lock but they were around $250 from Mico!

Oh, and what Nick said. Big smokey coal Rollin diesel burnouts. Gotta put a stack on her and some dodge flip out mirrors. Yeah...

You forgot the giant cummins sticker that your required to place on your truck. And lastly from now on all your hats must be flat bills.

Parking brake - broncosbybart - 11-20-2015

I knew there was something. I will need to slap the giant sticker across the back of the new soft top window. Can't believe I forgot that!

Parking brake - snipes243 - 11-20-2015

broncosbybart Wrote:I knew there was something. I will need to slap the giant sticker across the back of the new soft top window. Can't believe I forgot that!

Yeah you should probably lay off of the Monsters too.

Parking brake - nhopman - 11-20-2015

OK, not sure what I was thinking, but a lever lock can go on either the front or back brakes, for some reason I got it in my head that it wouldn't work if the front hubs/axle wasn't locked.

Another option for you with your Atlas, is to use a transfercase brake which would be a mechanical brake and would not rely on the hydraulic system.