Carolina Broncos
Fender Flares - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Talk (https://cb4x4.com/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: Fender Flares (/thread-508.html)

Fender Flares - rcflyer23 - 04-02-2008

Okay so who makes good fender flares or does it really matter and if that is the case who makes the cheapest. I have a little rust on the wheel wells right now and I want to add the flares after I cut the rust out. They don't look really difficult to put on plus they just look cool. :xyxthumbs:

Fender Flares - jollygrngiant - 04-02-2008

Bushwaker makes great cut-out flares! You can get a pair for about $200-$250. Little pricy. If you plan on wheelin' your bronco and taking it to any kind of park (Telico, Gulches, Uwharrie) I would recomend NOT getting any type of Flares. You'll just rip'em off on a rock or tree. Then there goes all that money you spent.

Brian

Fender Flares - 10-39bronco - 04-17-2008

Check The destructions err... I mean instructions before you start cutting. I almost did that, luckily I caught myself. The "cutout flares" only take a small portion of the edges in the front most and rear most points. That rust you are refering to, just guessing since I have the same problem, is at the top center of the fender lip, so if you cut it out, the flares will have nothing to mount to. I have seen pictures of HUGE cut-outs with flares that fit, but I am not sure what vehicle the flares were originally intended for. Maybe an f-250 or 350 with the off-road package?

Fender Flares - rcflyer23 - 04-18-2008

10-39bronco Wrote:Check The destructions err... I mean instructions before you start cutting. I almost did that, luckily I caught myself. The "cutout flares" only take a small portion of the edges in the front most and rear most points. That rust you are refering to, just guessing since I have the same problem, is at the top center of the fender lip, so if you cut it out, the flares will have nothing to mount to. I have seen pictures of HUGE cut-outs with flares that fit, but I am not sure what vehicle the flares were originally intended for. Maybe an f-250 or 350 with the off-road package?

Good call. Yeah it is mostly top center. There is not alot so I might can cut it out and just put a new metal strip on it. I really don't want to replace the entire panel for just a little bit of rust.

Fender Flares - 10-39bronco - 04-19-2008

I am not sure about in davidson, but here I have tire and rim shops, the bling bling type, that have a fender rolling tool. In talking with the guy that runs the shop and showing him what I had to deal with, he said that if I could cut it out preaty clean, he could re-roll the lip and make it look about stock, but it depended on my chop job.

Just an bit of food for thought.

Fender Flares - rcflyer23 - 04-19-2008

10-39bronco Wrote:I am not sure about in davidson, but here I have tire and rim shops, the bling bling type, that have a fender rolling tool. In talking with the guy that runs the shop and showing him what I had to deal with, he said that if I could cut it out preaty clean, he could re-roll the lip and make it look about stock, but it depended on my chop job.

Just an bit of food for thought.

I am just outside of Charlotte. I can only imagine that some body shop or someone has a fender rolling tool. I might lookin to that. If I could cut a clean line an inch at most is all I really need and the have it cleaned up. That's not a bad idea.

Fender Flares - justin - 04-22-2008

You use to be able to get a set from JC Whitney...not sure on the brand but they were pretty damn cheap.

Fender Flares - K45 - 05-05-2008

There is a guy in Mooresville off exit 36 Prestiage Autobody. They a re good outfit. I know the owner.