The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
how to pump it up - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: Web Site (https://cb4x4.com/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Message Forum (https://cb4x4.com/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: how to pump it up (/thread-728.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

how to pump it up - blazinchuck - 06-02-2008

How is it we have almost 400 members signed up...yet only a hand full of those use the site. Give me some ideas!!!! Should I make it so everyone has just about the same abilities? The site cost,the software cost,hosting cost, etc....so I'm kinda dependant on the site generating some of its own funds-rather than come out of my pocket. Everytime I check out wheelindixie...there are a lot more online. What do I or us need to do to pump this up? I'm looking into a gallery for us already...cant focus on it just yet do to serious work for a few more weeks. Post your thoughs please,Chuck:xyxthumbs:

how to pump it up - johnpaulgolf - 06-02-2008

Confusedcratchhe:

how to pump it up - SC74 - 06-02-2008

I don't think we can compare CB to Wheelin Dixie really since they are all makes and models whereas we have limited ourselves to Broncos (and Bronco friends). We are the same in the sense that we are both regional. I wish we could get more traffic and activity on here also. We do need to come up with some ideas to put some $$ into the club account other than your pocket. I'd say sponsor a car show and have a small entry fee, but we're all spread out it'd take a lot of effort and commitment to make it be successful.

Maybe we should talk to the guys at NorCalBroncos.com and see how they got to be where they are. I know I'm a mute member there - just like to check out the build threads and get ideas - but that's exactly what we need too - Bronco people from all over coming to use OUR site as a resource.

I'll quit rambling now Confusedupergrin:

how to pump it up - obxbronco - 06-02-2008

Tell people we have free beer! :beer::drinkbud:
ok, that was bad. we are a minority among other sites. Most sites i see are all different types of trucks. But that is what makes us special!Confusedupergrin:

how to pump it up - JayT - 06-02-2008

Well... my thoughts are...

The more events we have, the more word will get out. Which will generate more interest.

What have been our most popular topics/threads (stats-wise)? Can we create more of these types of threads?

Other sites have more tech articles too.. We only have 7, and that's over a year after you asked for some help with them! I wish I had the expertise to write one. I'd suggest a poll to see what users are looking for in tech articles, but if users aren't viewing the site, they're not gonna answer the poll. Of course, with most of the common tech articles already covered on other sites, we have a challenge to create new ones that aren't already covered. Pick some and improve them?

We only have 100 active users. Half of WD and 1/100 of Classic. It's just gonna take some time, and continous posting. (sometimes the "today's posts" gets stale with no new posts all day.

Sorry for the long post... Let me know if there's something I can do to help.

JayT

how to pump it up - broncomania - 06-02-2008

chuck , open up a chevy ,toyota, jeep , tech/chat thread . i think since we have some new members with those , we should accomodate them by showing them they are more welcome here . just one thread for anything they want to discuss about their rigs.

we can also look on other forums for some ideas for us. this is new so its gonna take some time. maybe even start a members only section for site paying members . we will be the only ones with access. an anything goes place that can only be viewed by a paying member. non paying members will be interested on whats in there.

i just noticed that in the bronco vendor thread that there are no vendors. instead just winners from the meet and greet. we need some bronco vendors. call them and offer them a special first year introductory rate for being a vendor here at carolinabroncos.com say half price just to get them inspired.

gubni is a vendor on other forums !!!!! hello gubni , pm chuck he might cut you in there if you become a paying site member its pretty inexpensive.

how to pump it up - chuzie - 06-02-2008

Crap. Let me think about this.

how to pump it up - johnpaulgolf - 06-02-2008

yeah