The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Carolina Broncos
Chop Top - Printable Version

+- Carolina Broncos (https://cb4x4.com)
+-- Forum: 66-96 Ford Broncos (https://cb4x4.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: Bronco Talk (https://cb4x4.com/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: Chop Top (/thread-821.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Chop Top - trkbilder - 06-30-2008

Well the wife and I had that discussion, we're going for a full custom B2. We're wanting to chop the top and install a Ranger ext. cab rear section, then a shortened pickup box. A complete engine swap to 4.0 and then on to the suspension. We figure it'll take about 1 1/2- 2 years to complete. Stay tuned, we still have to decide which Bronco 2 we're going to use. It won't be my '89 stocker!!

Chop Top - johnpaulgolf - 06-30-2008

Go ahead my BII brotha'...:xyxthumbs:

But why not drop a stroker 5.0?Confusedmokin:

Chop Top - chuzie - 06-30-2008

Sounds sweet! Can't wait to see it.

johnpaulgolf Wrote:Go ahead my BII brotha'...:xyxthumbs:

But why not drop a stroker 5.0?Confusedmokin:
The price of putting my foot in a 5.0 verses a 4.0!! I don't know yet for sure but I can swap a 4.0 in as a bolt in swap. A 5.0 takes more effort, just thinking it through right now.

Chop Top - Timstrk - 06-30-2008

My 4.0 Ranger only gets 19. 302 couldn't be that much worse. The room issue is, and really would be, my deciding factor, too. Will be cool when its done. On a side note, my wife works for a limo company. They have stretched Excursion. I was wondering... a stretched early Bronco.........

Tim

Chop Top - blazinchuck - 06-30-2008

you might find that 4.0 works harder than a 5.0 in that set up...5.0 may get better MPG...just a thought.

Timstrk Wrote:My 4.0 Ranger only gets 19. 302 couldn't be that much worse. The room issue is, and really would be, my deciding factor, too. Will be cool when its done. On a side note, my wife works for a limo company. They have stretched Excursion. I was wondering... a stretched early Bronco.........

Tim
Yea, I've wondered what a 4 dr B2 would look like!!!

blazinchuck Wrote:you might find that 4.0 works harder than a 5.0 in that set up...5.0 may get better MPG...just a thought.
You're probably right, Chuck. But I don't plan on pushing it too hard , right now I'm just getting things together. Getting my thoughts clear on exactly what I want to do. Mama done said it'll be RED!! FORD HAD A COLOR BACK IT THE 90S CALLED CIMMERON RED METALLIC. That's what she wants on it.

Chop Top - DeTowman - 06-30-2008

trkbilder Wrote:You're probably right, Chuck. But I don't plan on pushing it too hard , right now I'm just getting things together. Getting my thoughts clear on exactly what I want to do. Mama done said it'll be RED!! FORD HAD A COLOR BACK IT THE 90S CALLED CIMMERON RED METALLIC. That's what she wants on it.

And we all KNOW Mama gets what she wants(1.new camper,2.new golf cart,3. Red BII) good seeing you last week Clint...you a great pound cake!

DeTowman Wrote:And we all KNOW Mama gets what she wants(1.new camper,2.new golf cart,3. Red BII) good seeing you last week Clint...you a great pound cake!
Hope you didn't eat too much of that pound cake, we'll be down again in a couple of weeks, want another one?