Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
intermiedate housing
How do you tell a 6cly housing from a 8cly housing?
68 Half cab
if they are side by side the 6 cyl is shorter but other than that I don't knowConfusedcratchhe:
66 Rockrawler, 66 RestoMod
[SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]
Does anybody have one out that they could measure?
68 Half cab
I got a guy that thinks he has only but is not 100%sure its the six cyl one.
68 Half cab
they look the same like Travis said, but the 6cyl is short...by about 1.5" I think. I'm not sure what else would show the difference,Chuck

just look at yours and see if they look alike, but it's shorter(the guy's)
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
blazinchuck Wrote:they look the same like Travis said, but the 6cyl is short...by about 1.5" I think. I'm not sure what else would show the difference,Chuck

just look at yours and see if they look alike, but it's shorter(the guy's)

the problem is mines 400 miles north so I cant look at mine.
And the guys is (The housing is 9" overall the housing and gear overall is 14")
68 Half cab
I will try to measure mine tonight.
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
alright Clay...got it! I have a V8 housing on the shop floor(8.750") long and I couldn't get it to measure the 6cyl housing in my truck exactly, but the distance between the back of the trans and the T-case was only about 7.50". So this guy has the wrong one for ya,Chuck

hope that helps dude, oh yeah... the input shafts should be the same. so if you only get an empty housing-you can swap in your shaft/gear
I think I still have my original V8 housing around. I never sent it in as a core when I bought the adapter. I'll try to get a measurement if I can dig it up. But for some reason I was thinking the housing was about 8" long. And the 6cyl was around 6.5". I'm not for sure though.
'72 TBA...
Thanks for the help guys I guess its another dead end, oh well i did find a used advanced adapters on for like 300 from a guy in cali. So might have to get that one.
68 Half cab

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ***9" Axle Gurus...Ring gear dug into pilot housing!** chuzie 7 2,293 12-05-2012, 12:35 AM
Last Post: chuzie
  broken thermostat housing bolt dixieboyz13 13 2,396 02-07-2012, 09:31 PM
Last Post: dixieboyz13