Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Building my Bucket"O"Bolts
Guess it is time I started a build thread. So here it goes. My goals are to use my '72 frame as a base. Build it long and low with 1 ton drivetrain. Got to have big tires and big HP. I plan on using as much of the exterior sheet metal as possible, but going to fab the interior panels all with Zeus fasteners for easy access.

I started stripping off the front sheet metal. I have the front axle mocked at about where it will reside and close to ride height. Next I will need to pull the motor/tranny/transfercase and remove the tub. Also on the list is to clean the spring buckets and the shock towers from frame. Got to pick up a couple of sticks of tubing to rebuild the front X member and build a tranny mount/lower link mount.

Attached Files Image(s)

'72 TBA...
Can't wait Aaron !!! Confusedmokin: :notworthy: Confusedmokin:

:popc1:

:popc1:
Waiting to build or BUY another legend! :thefinger:
Always an EB fan, lover and freak :notworthy:

1985 Yoda 4Runner :xyxthumbs:
This is going to be good ... I'm subscribed :xyxthumbs:
'74 Grocery Getter, '73 Project Buggy, '77 Parts Rig

[Image: Bannerpic.jpg]
Looks good got any bendtech files of what its going to look like ?
68 Half cab
sweet !!!!!
East Coast Surplus & Tactical
336-674-3868
Got a little more tear down done today. Pulled the tub which was quite a job by myself. Just needed a little engineering to get it balanced. Hope to get over to Stock Car Steel and pick up a piece or two of tubing tomorrow.

I'm seriously rethinking my axles. The drivers front is going to get really busy with heim joints and coilovers mounts.

Attached Files Image(s)

'72 TBA...
now a sticky .
East Coast Surplus & Tactical
336-674-3868
Made it to Stock Car Steel today. Bought 10ft 2"x.250 DOM for lower link material and 40ft 1.75"x.120 DOM.

I mocked up one lower at 60" oal like I had designed in the 4 link calculator from Pirate4x4. I just used a piece of the 1.75" DOM to sub for an upper at 42" oal. As you can see from the pics, I'm either going to push the front out a couple more inches or shorten the lowers to get the mount at the center of the chassis. Also you can see the cab mount is going to go by-by.

A little bit of early Bronco trivia, over all frame length is +/- 151". The center of the chassis happens to line up with the rear yoke with a V8/C4/D20.

Another note, the mid '80's king pin axle has a shorter drivers side axle. Doesn't leave a lot of room for a shock. I may be able to squeeze one in at the spring pad. If not I may look into mounting it to the upper arms. That will require some stout tubing. Thus why I subbed the .120 wall for mock up.

On another good note, I finished a few details on my bending machine. I even bent my first piece of tube to calibrate the Bend Pro software. Now to go to work putting the front X-member on a diet.

Attached Files Image(s)

'72 TBA...
looks like you on the right track Aaron!!!!
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
Got to keep up with the GDI boys...
'72 TBA...