Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Building my Bucket"O"Bolts
Man, that thing is going to be awesome!! :xyxthumbs:
Psalms 27:1
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
dang im just now seeing this thread hey Aaron give me a call or pm me if ya ever need help or just need a hand sanding painting moveing what ever ya need
Lifes a garden dig it
seen it in person today and its gonna be a very good build up.
East Coast Surplus & Tactical
336-674-3868
I see ya made it Mike
Lifes a garden dig it
Just a little update...Not much to show right now. Cut a few brackets off the frame and have lots of grinding to do when the weather cooperates.

Been contemplating my axles again. I found a pretty good deal on 2 u-joint Rockwells shipped. Also know a guy local that has one steer and one rear axle cheap.

The plan is low and long. But too long and rear steer is a must to keep your turning radius down. But with the rocks I sacrifice the low slung chassis. I'm going to go look at the local axles and take some measurements. As far as the difference in price between building a set of 1 tons and 2.5 tons is probably negligible. Where the 1 tons will need lockers and gears, the 2.5's will only need lockers. But the money saved on gears and bearings will be spent on brakes.
'72 TBA...
i like rocks !!!!!!! weld them up and go.
336-674-3868
broncomania Wrote:i like rocks !!!!!!! weld them up and go.

but 1 ton = alot of fun Wink
Time, Money & Effort
Laurens County, SC
bigjake6 Wrote:but 1 ton = alot of fun Wink
ive been down that road already twice and had a good time . :xyxthumbs:
336-674-3868
After repairing my bender I finally finished bending the last piece for my center crossmember. I fought with the chop saw not wanting to cut off the tubing. Anyone know if a cut off blade can get dull? Its made from fiber. I cut 3/4 of the way through the first piece and it just stopped cutting.Confusedcratchhe:

Anyways I managed to cut the rest off with the portaband. I'm working on getting a dozen or so 1/8" diamond shaped pieces sheared to reinforce the frame where I attach the tubing. Sorry for the crappy pic, its hard to hold everything in place for the pic. This is looking from the passanger side.

Attached Files Image(s)

'72 TBA...
what did you decide on the axles ? i might come by this weekend or next to check out the bronco progress and pick up my gears.
336-674-3868