Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Building my Bucket"O"Bolts
that's looking very nice. What wall thickness tubing are you using - .120?
'74 Grocery Getter, '73 Project Buggy, '77 Parts Rig

[Image: Bannerpic.jpg]
I'm using .120 wall DOM on all the structural parts. I plan on using HREW for bracing and triangulation to maybe save a penny or two. SCSA only keeps .095 HREW in stock. I believe that will suffice if I don't use it as a main piece of the chassis, just bracing.

Mike, Scott is in Atlanta for the weekend, so I can't get over to look at his Rocks till next week.
'72 TBA...
Got another piece cut and bent this evening. This is the rear frame section. I will bob the frame and cap it. Then weld this piece straight to the cap. Still have a lot of cleaning and grinding to do. Guess I'm probably on hold fabricating till I can get some plates.

Attached Files Image(s)

'72 TBA...
LOOKIN GOOD AARON
Lifes a garden dig it
updates??????? lets get going Aaron!!!!!
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
Have not made much head way, but not because I have not wanted to. I've been covered up this semester with topic papers, essays, and research papers. Then juggling an internship co-op, I have not had any spare time to burn metal:crying:.
'72 TBA...