Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installing new Edelbrock intake & carb
jdowns67 Wrote:Here is an example of what I am talking about. You hook it to you carburetor when you are adjusting the idle mixture. They have them at Advance or Autozone. Most people don't realize that at low RPM cruising, your idle mixture is a large part of your running mixture. Too lean and you will get surging and too rich you get sputtering, smoke, etc.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/WMR-W80594/?rtype=10

Thx, it looks like something worth having. Been doing some research on installing the manifold and there are so many ways of doing it! So many gaskets to choose from too. Broncosbybart said to stick with Fel Pro, i think specifically part #1250 (http://www.jegs.com/i/Fel+Pro/375/1250/10002/-1). Mustang forums praise the Fel Pro 1250 until one has to trim due to porting of heads. I dont think I have to worry about that for my install. Some forums even mentioning some kind of airplane sealant?????? I think I over-researched! :banghead:
[SIZE="2"]77 project bronco w/ 5.0 & c4, Sagi PS, 2 hard tops, eyebrow grill [/SIZE]
WANTED: auto column, gas tank, front/ rear seats
im just running a 2 inch air filter but im gonna figure out how to snorkel the pc..
If you can't fix it with a hammer and a welder then your gonna need a new one!
I have aviation sealer here. I don't use it on intakes or heads. Use it on a lot of other gaskets. Works great, but makes it very hard to remove them again. When it says to install dry, I tend to follow what they say...
To Fel Pro or Mr Gasket for the new intake manifiold gasket? Original cast heads.
[SIZE="2"]77 project bronco w/ 5.0 & c4, Sagi PS, 2 hard tops, eyebrow grill [/SIZE]
jdowns67 Wrote:Here is an example of what I am talking about. You hook it to you carburetor when you are adjusting the idle mixture. They have them at Advance or Autozone. Most people don't realize that at low RPM cruising, your idle mixture is a large part of your running mixture. Too lean and you will get surging and too rich you get sputtering, smoke, etc.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/WMR-W80594/?rtype=10

I have this from Harbor Freight. It has a vacuum gauge and can pump vacuum to test numerous vacuum diagrams, like the vacuum advance, I have even used it to pull fuel through the fuel lines. I just like the multi-tool setups. It does cost more, but it will do more.
Joseph I.T. Guy! "Weeehooo, uh oh!"
Well I just ordered some Edelbrock 7220 gaskets and new manifold bolts. Should be here in a week. Bought the Copper RTV yesterday. Need to find some Gasgacinch next.
jdowns67 Wrote:If you don't already have a vacuum gauge, I'd get one to tune the idle circuit of the carburetor. It makes all the difference in the world. I put an offroad kit and a little different metering rods in mine also. I'm sure it will fire right up out of the box though.

Guess what I got today???!

Attached Files Image(s)

Santa came today and dropped off the new manifold gasket and SS manifold bolts.

Attached Files Image(s)

should go back together nicely.
If you can't fix it with a hammer and a welder then your gonna need a new one!
firefighter2134 Wrote:should go back together nicely.

Firefighter, not exactly!!!! My uncle came over to help me out a lil bit today. He knows how to find TDC. I removed the radiator, which is not the correct radiator according to my uncle. We marked the dizzy and pulled it out. Took off the manifold, of course a cast iron four barrel off a vintage mustang and not Torino. Cleaned all the walls. Then my uncle drops a bomb?!!! He wants to know if I want to put in a new cam and lifters after I put in a new waterpump. So now I am looking for a new/ used 3 core radiator AND RV camshaft. Anyone have any suggestions?