Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installing new Edelbrock intake & carb
Spoke with Nick at WHs and he said mail them back for a full refund. Thats good news! Gotta find new ones now.
[SIZE="2"]77 project bronco w/ 5.0 & c4, Sagi PS, 2 hard tops, eyebrow grill [/SIZE]
WANTED: auto column, gas tank, front/ rear seats
medwards01 Wrote:Well ain't that a pisser....Is that a 3 core radiator? Sure looks like 3 core mounts to me. Confusedcratchhe:

Yeah its a 3 core radiator thats "2.50 inches" wide, but add another 1/8" tig welds and I have about a 2.625" wide 3 core radiator in the mounting areas. It would not sit inside the mounts at all. When I push down the mounts would rub against the radiator which spells big trouble down the road. I spoke with Chuck at BC yesterday and he is sending me some SS 4 core mounts. He said that is a wide 3 core radiator from the pics I sent him. . Should get them by Friday for the big Timing Party! An electric fan may be in my future as well due to clearance issues.
[SIZE="2"]77 project bronco w/ 5.0 & c4, Sagi PS, 2 hard tops, eyebrow grill [/SIZE]
just move the radiator support forward like i did...gave me plenty of room!!! and ya hardly notice it. i think i spent 2 hours completing the job...includes figuring out what/how to do it
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
blazinchuck Wrote:just move the radiator support forward like i did...gave me plenty of room!!! and ya hardly notice it. i think i spent 2 hours completing the job...includes figuring out what/how to do it

Hey Chuck! I remember you doing that mod! I'm gonna try and remove the crank pully and put on a shorter one. It has room for three belts and I am using two belts at the moment. If I remove that third outer ring then my fan can go back and the fit may be perfect with a half inch spacer behind my fan.

I do have an electric 14" fan only (no wires, etc.) so I would need to get all the other parts to go along with it. So I have two options plus your third as a last resort. I may fab up a shroud this weekend at Drill if I have time.

Yaw have fun up there at the M&G! Wish I could be there!
This past weekend I was able to time the motor to 10. That seems to be what most people were running on Classic so thats where I put it. After that I put on the radiator, hoses, tranny lines, PS lines and filled it all up with fluids. Sunday I broke the cam in with about 30 minutes of idle. I found two leaks that I should have no problem fixing once the motor has cooled off.

As far as the electronic choke on the carb, I found a hot wire while the key was in the "on" position. I used a pigtail from my voltage regulator. The line was not used and I hope its 12 volts and not 6 volts. I have not done much to the carb other than getting it at a calm idle. I devote this coming weekend to tuning the carb.

I bought new guages ($35) from Advance Auto on Saturday. I needed a new engine temp guage but for $12 more I got oil pressure guage and volt meter guage. Hooking the temp guage up was easy, but the oil pressure guage has me confused. I'll start a thread and see what you guys think where to install it.

Attached Files Image(s)

you can get a 1/8 brass tee and reuse the stock elec oil sender and screw the mechanical oil line to the other side of the tee...if you do this, you wont need that larger brass adapter.

i would also consider a butt connector in place of that wire nut...my.02
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
blazinchuck Wrote:you can get a 1/8 brass tee and reuse the stock elec oil sender and screw the mechanical oil line to the other side of the tee...if you do this, you wont need that larger brass adapter.

i would also consider a butt connector in place of that wire nut...my.02

I will head to Lowes and look for a T! Thx Chuck! I'd like to keep both guages if I can. As far as the wire nut I just wanted to be sure that was a correct wire. For all I know it may be a 12 volt or a 6 volt wire??? The directions say 12 volt so I really need to make sure with a volt meter. After that the butt connecter with heat shrink will be used! Thx again Chuck!:xyxthumbs:
The 1/8 T was a bust. I'd end up buying all kinds of adapters to make it work. So I decided to use some of my AF experience and drill and tap a hole on the side of the oil extentionI don't know if this will make any difference but I drilled out the extension to 1/4". It all ended up fitting up pretty well.

Attached Files Image(s)

nice...
If you can't fix it with a hammer and a welder then your gonna need a new one!
that is one way to do it. can't believe you couldn't find a tee.