Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ParadisePWoffrd's EB
the axle looks awesome...are there gonna be issues running all the links on the same plain? looks like their almost inline of each other...or are the outside uppers for the shocks?
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
I painted the axle with hammered black w/ a brush... really like the way it looks, thinking of doing alot more on the bronco with it as well...

originally the towers on the outside were for the uppers. the lowers mount from the back of the tube directly below them... When i started to find a place to mount the shocks, i wanted to mount them off the inner Cs, but they couldnt clear the towers and tires at the same time... sent me to plan B (shouldnt have welded the towers solid)

Now as you see in the pics... the uppers are the inner tabs off the truss, the towers were cut down to the lower hole, and are planned to be my new shock mounts. the lowers are still in the same position.

I still need to trim the towers some to allow full shock movement, and if they still need to be mounted differently, the towers will be cut into a fancy bump pad...
Ben...........Big Dixie Boggers........www.MudProMetalworks.com
tonight i am going to try to get the wheel bearings packed and assemble the hubs & brakes and slide it back under and bolt up the control arms...

hopefully i will get some of my hydraulic stuff in this week and start on the steering system, and figure where all of that and where i will package the shocks...

also need to get some 1.75x0.120 to sleeve the tierod and finish up those mounts

lastly, visit the local race shop and try to get some stainless lines for the brakes and build a new driveshaft...

Goal is to be at the FLATS this weekend, but not looking too hopeful
gonna be a tall order to have her all assembled. BUT, it looks like you'll knock it out pretty quickly, with the pace you are on.
haha, i could do it, if I had all the parts.... The hold up will be finishing to gather the small stuff and bending tube, if i need it... the bender is at a friends shop, so thinking i will probly just drag it there to add tube...

I have missed too many rides in the past from building rigs, so I know that its better to do it right even if you miss something.. Either way, Im gonna try to go up to the FLATs whether its with me or not...
I got the gears installed, front end back under the bronco, and control arms installed. Need to pick up some 1.75" tubing to finish the tierod, hook up the steering stuff, get some stainless braded brake lines, and lengthen the driveshafts...

Oh yeah, and make some upper shock mounts...

getting closer, and excited to be finished...

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=4990&stc=1&d=1326338037]

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=4991&stc=1&d=1326338037]

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=4992&stc=1&d=1326338037]
for chuck... my brakes:

- stock ford knuckle, spindle, stub
- d60 single wheel hub with the front & rear barrels turned down, and 5 lug pattern drilled in it. 1 hole needs to be welded up to clear
- F150 rotor. you can either turn out the inside of the rotor or turn down the back of the hub (my prefered method).
- Im using the stock caliper setup from the axle...

Other options are:
- use newer dodge ram 1500 rotor with spacer and factory calipers/mounts
- use chevy knuckle, spindle, stub, hub turned to 5lug w/ f150 rotor, custom backing plate, and 3/4 ton chevy calipers.
- also I have heard about this one: ford kingpin knuckle, spindle, stub. hub turned to 5 lug. f150 rotor, hp44 brake backing plate & calipers. The balljoint axles cant do this because they have an integrated caliper mount (unless you cut it off).
cant wait to see some more pics

thx for the info
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.
good to meet you last week Ben. I wasn't sure who exactly to expect, coming from your area Big Grin

keep on wrenchin'
haha... Not sure how to take that, even though most of the time Im not sure what to expect when i meet people around here either...

Havent been able to spend much time in the garage lately, and mainly just been working with plumbing things that are really picture worthy...