Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
no brake light,turn signals, or hazards...
well, that was my story during the URE trip. i lost all flashing lights(ie. brake,turn,etc.) on the way up through rockingham. i only had running lights, we tried for about an hour to fix it with no luck.

so Sunday morning(@URE), i decided to replace both brake lights on the trailer, since they have caused problems before. replaced all the fuses again(about the 15th time) still had no luck!!:banghead:I had Matt,Mike,JP,Liz, and my Dad all trying to help figure this out. we ended up replacing the 15amp fuse for stop lights with a 30amp, then removed the stop light wire from the brake controller. i then had stop lights, and would have to work the trailer brakes manually.

I made it home, but not without some scary stops(almost over shooting a on-ramp and jack-knifing:rubeyes: )

i waited a few days, not really know where to start...its not like i just did some wiring on my dodge and this is why i was shorting out and blowing fuses...so i was kinda lost.

i started by removing the lens in the rear, keep in mind-this cant be done with the slide-in camper in the bed. what i found was the wires coming from the bulb, burned up. the bulb wasnt a 1157...it was a plastic housing /bulb. the wires on the plastic were bad. so i replaced both in the rear, replaced all the fuses...

W O W, seems to be just fine now!!!:biggthumpup: i plan to wire in a new brake controller, and test everything again soon...maybe tomorrow. think im taking the bronco to a family reuniun in Cades,SC....so the kids can enjoy her!!Confusedmokin::toothy12:
77 built 306,Trickflow Cam/Alum Heads/dome pistons/10:1comp,nv3550,duff long arms,3.5" lift,family cage,protofab rear bumper,twin sticked, and 35KM2'sG.D.I.

Messages In This Thread
no brake light,turn signals, or hazards... - by blazinchuck - 11-25-2009, 09:46 AM