Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CB4x4 Hell Week**aka-Ultimate Adventure**
Its too far off for me to tell yet if I can make it or not. Also depends on if I'm stil in the middle of a body/frame swap. But I am interested, I will say that setting something up like this does take a bunch of planning. Setting up campgrounds in advance, routs, park permits, volunteers to help should any problems occure (face it when off roading they will occure!). It realy reminds me of setting up for a baja race. Lots of prep time, spare parts, even pre running areas to be sure all rigs that attend can make the trails.
Regardless of how many people go it will take a support network in reserves, unless you have a large check book should something happen (Like blowing your rear axle coming home from URE). Lets face it a tow truck home from Tenn would brake your check book.
As for spares, Mike you said it. Each person must know what there ride needs. What works in my eb wont work in yours (I.E. couger rear end, chevy disk up front, ect).
The other factor will be the cost of the gas, Lets face it if you get 15mpg your doing good. At an avarage of $4.00 a gallon you could rack up a grand in just gas (in just a few days let alone a week), not including campgrounds, food and repairs (ever tear a side wall out on a 33" tire?). So the importent part is to put as many of these place close together as possible. Even if you could start with some larger spots(URE,GULTCHES,Coal CReek) and then some smaller places on the way. Find out from some locals of smaller spots to see on the way, use Rick Pe'we's mottow of dirt every day. Use a map book to find dirt roads between the places you want too wheel. Possibly ending up at a schedualed event. (super celibration,ect)
Just some food for thought.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Messages In This Thread
CB4x4 Hell Week**aka-Ultimate Adventure** - by broncomatt - 03-28-2013, 01:35 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CB4x4 FB page Broncitis 6 2,212 08-14-2015, 02:17 PM
Last Post: wepuckett
  Found this nice EB in Columbia this week! Crawdad 12 2,241 10-19-2012, 09:04 AM
Last Post: blazinchuck
  Happened to come across EB in Myrtle Beach last week Crawdad 0 1,108 09-17-2012, 09:34 AM
Last Post: Crawdad