Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installing new Edelbrock intake & carb
I always put rags down the intake side of the cylinder head openings to keep crap out while I am removing the gasket material. i try and lay shop rags down in the lifter valley as well. you will most definitely need intake gaskets. get a carb base gasket (if you don't have one). you might have air cleaner clearance issues with choke/throttle linkages.

i do use RTV in place of any rubber gaskets for the front and rear sections of the intake. do not use any on the side intake gasket surfaces. when doing the RTV trick, make a nice continuous 1/4 inch bead of it and let it set for about 10 minutes before putting the intake on. this will give the RTV a little skin and will keep it from going everywhere all at once. again, you are just going to do this on the skinny parts of the engine sealing surfaces on the front and rear.

i do change the oil as well once I am done. fire it up for a few minutes then change it. it always seems like some water gets in the oil when the intake is removed...

don't forget a new t-stat and gasket.

edit- just saw your pic. you already have a carb base gasket. for intake gaskets, fel-pro works for me.

Messages In This Thread
Installing new Edelbrock intake & carb - by broncosbybart - 02-22-2011, 10:48 PM