Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installing new Edelbrock intake & carb
Thx Matt! My uncle is a mustang buff. He was the one who put this motor in this bronco. He told me he put in a mild racing cam in it when he and my dad aquired the motor years ago. With 33s it was very peppy, loud and not good on gas (maybe 8 miles to gal). I mentioned an RV cam and he said now is the perfect time to put a new one in. After getn advice from Charles I contacted Edelbrock and I told them what I wanted and they recommended the Performer Plus #2181. They said it matches their Edelbrock carb and intake mani that I already have. I got the cam yesterday from Summit and it cam with new lifters, camshaft and lube.

As far as the exhaust I hope I have that already covered. I got BC's Shorty ceram headers with BCs pre-bent exhaust tubes leading into a Magnaflo 2 in 2 out SS muffler. I upgraded to a 3 core Al radiator and FlowKooler waterpump. The only thing I have not upgraded is the dizzy, that will be later.

Thx for the advice Matt!
Matthew
[SIZE="2"]77 project bronco w/ 5.0 & c4, Sagi PS, 2 hard tops, eyebrow grill [/SIZE]
WANTED: auto column, gas tank, front/ rear seats

Messages In This Thread
Installing new Edelbrock intake & carb - by Crawdad - 03-17-2011, 10:26 AM