Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installing new Edelbrock intake & carb
This past weekend I was able to time the motor to 10. That seems to be what most people were running on Classic so thats where I put it. After that I put on the radiator, hoses, tranny lines, PS lines and filled it all up with fluids. Sunday I broke the cam in with about 30 minutes of idle. I found two leaks that I should have no problem fixing once the motor has cooled off.

As far as the electronic choke on the carb, I found a hot wire while the key was in the "on" position. I used a pigtail from my voltage regulator. The line was not used and I hope its 12 volts and not 6 volts. I have not done much to the carb other than getting it at a calm idle. I devote this coming weekend to tuning the carb.

I bought new guages ($35) from Advance Auto on Saturday. I needed a new engine temp guage but for $12 more I got oil pressure guage and volt meter guage. Hooking the temp guage up was easy, but the oil pressure guage has me confused. I'll start a thread and see what you guys think where to install it.

Attached Files Image(s)

[SIZE="2"]77 project bronco w/ 5.0 & c4, Sagi PS, 2 hard tops, eyebrow grill [/SIZE]
WANTED: auto column, gas tank, front/ rear seats

Messages In This Thread
Installing new Edelbrock intake & carb - by Crawdad - 04-11-2011, 09:11 AM