Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not There Yet...
Welcome to the group. The state inpection laws are very simple, any vehicle 35 years and older has no inspection. Any vehicle younger than 35 but not a 96 and newer would have a saftey only inspecton (except for saftey only countys but your not moving to one). In which you are supposed to have all emissions equipment that it orignialy came with. Doesnt have to be working just there. As an inspector it is often overlooked on trucks of that era unless they look to be something that might get them in trouble. I have been an inspector for the last 7 years and recently had a long talk with the dmv guy about the out of state title issue (I was asking about my 71 cc). He explaned it this way, anything out of state that was that old would have to have the DMV inspector verify the vin in person within one year of registration. If not done in that year you would not get a title back from nc, just be able to regester it. He even told me if the truck didnt have a motor they would not give the title untill they could check the numbers on the motor. Its an easy process, you can drive it by any of the dmv offices or make an appointment and they will come to you.
As for the lift laws they are on the dmv web site but again, they are rarely enforced unless you make a trooper mad at you.
Be sure to make it too our URE run in the fall or our meetngreet in the spring.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Messages In This Thread
Not There Yet... - by srharter - 07-31-2011, 05:37 PM
Not There Yet... - by broncosbybart - 07-31-2011, 06:59 PM
Not There Yet... - by firefighter2134 - 07-31-2011, 07:22 PM
Not There Yet... - by Crawdad - 07-31-2011, 09:12 PM
Not There Yet... - by broncosbybart - 07-31-2011, 11:13 PM
Not There Yet... - by broncomatt - 08-01-2011, 12:51 PM
Not There Yet... - by srharter - 08-07-2011, 09:18 PM